Thread: Carter Smith Reassigned

Default Carter Smith Reassigned

Smith reassigned

Posted at 1:23 pm by Nick Patterson

The Tips reassigned forward Carter Smith today. He's headed to the Yorkton Terriers of the SJHL.

Smith never seemed to be in Everett's plans. The 19-year-old from Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, was the second player sent to Everett in last year's deal that brought in defenseman Jesse Zetariuk for right wing Brady Calla and defenseman Cody Thoring. He played in just four games with Everett last season before being reassigned, and he did not appear in either of last weekend's games.

So taking Peter Mueller and Ondrej Fiala out of the equation, that leaves 16 forwards on the roster with at least one more overage forward to be moved. Other than the one overager, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else stuck

Default which of the 20 year olds is going ?

Would love to see one of your forwards come our direction especially if he has got some size.

Default pretty much

Well in my opinion Crowley, Sonne and Gendur are the three to stay. So Campos and Reekie will be out. Reekie gets a waiver for a while since he's on the injured list. No word on what's happening with Fiala, but I can't see the Tips keeping a 20 yr old Euro Overager, either.