Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tips Roster Prediction

Default Roster

From Nick patterson's Blog:

IN EVERETT (24 total)
    Forwards (15): Dan Gendur (87) Brennan Sonne (87), Brandon Campos (87), Morgan MacLean (88), Carter Smith (88), Eric English (88), Zack Dailey (89), Shane Harper (89), Lukas Vartovnik (89), Jesse Burt (89), Kyle Beach (90), Jordan Mistelbacher (90), Matt Ius (90), Ty Skauge (90), Tyler Eskesen (90).
    Defensemen (7): Jonathan Harty (88), Graham Potuer (88), Mike Alexander (89), Matt Strong (90), Eddie Friesen (90), Chris de la Lande (90), Jeff Regier (91).
    Goaltenders (2): David Reekie (87), Shayne Barrie (89).

AT NHL CAMPS, EXPECTED TO RETURN (4)
    Forwards (2): Zach Hamill (88), Vitali Karamnov (89).
    Defensemen (1): Taylor Ellington (88).
    Goaltender (1): Leland Irving (88).

AT NHL CAMPS, QUESTIONABLE TO RETURN (2)
    Forwards (1): Ondrej Fiala (87),
    Defensemen (1): Dane Crowley (87).

AT NHL CAMPS, NOT EXPECTED TO RETURN (1)
    Forwards: Peter Mueller (88). ... [Read More]

Well if Fiala is not going to be joining Everett this year, and if indeed he does stay in the DUB this season somebody is going to be picking up a very talented forward, hes got decent size, excellent speed and great hands.

Oh and by the way Vitali Karamnov played very well in Oilers camp, he looks ready to take on a top line role in Everett. Hes should fit into Everett's system very well he plays a very good 2-way game and is a very impressive skater. The only knock on him was his overall strength, but he'll make up for that with pure skill and excellent vision of the ice. You'll be impressed with his ability to create in traffic and find the open man. He has a very strong work ethic aswell(which is uncommon for a russian haha). Anyways he impressed at Oilers camp and best of luck to the Tips this year

Default Karamnov

Thanks for the udate on Karamnov. I was impressed by him as well.

As for Fiala, Assuming the Tips don't keep him (I can't see how they could), I'm not sure he'l get a job in the WHL. It is ahrd to be an overage Euro. I think his best bet is to hope he impresses enough to go to the AHL or something like that.

Default Karamonov Returned

According to the blog at the Herald, Special K is coming back...

http://www.heraldnet.com/section/BLOG12

It's late and I've been furiously plugging away at the content for our special section (due out in Friday's paper), so I've only got the energy for a brief update. Vitali Karamnov has been sent back to Everett by the NHL's Edmonton Oilers and is expected back in town tomorrow. Therefore he'll have a full week's worth of practice before Friday's season opener against Tri-City. Being a rookie I doubt he'll have all of Everett's systems figured out, but he should be at least somewhat up to speed.

Default for the record

For the record, I’ll point out that I pegged the Tips roster a few weeks ago. The only two guys that didn’t start on my list below are Crowley, who was just sent back (Strong took his spot) and Hamill in game 1 (Campos took his spot). I fully expect Campos to be gone (as the extra 20 YO) with the return of Crowley and Strong or Alexander will be out on the D line. Alexander was, by far, the worst player on the Ice to open up the season. Missed assignments, open gaps, he just looked like the game was going way too fast for him.

C Kyle Beach 1990 X

C Vitali Karamnov 1989 X

C Jordan Mistelbac1990 X

C Zach Dailey 1989 X

F Zach Hamill 1988 X

F Matt Ius 1990 X

F Brennan Sonne 1987 X

F Lukas Vartovnik 1989 X

F Shane Harper 1989 X

F Dan Gendur 1987 X

F Morgan MacLean1988 X

F Jesse Burt 1989 X