Thread: Gdp 1/15 Spo @ Tc

Thunderbird107 Guest

Default Gdp 1/15 Spo @ Tc

The Spokane Chiefs (14-20-7-1) visit the Tri-City Americans (15-19-4-2) in a pivotal U.S. division match-up.

The Chiefs, who are tied with the Americans for fourth in the U.S. division, have been idle since last Saturday’s 3-0 win over Medicine Hat and are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. The Chiefs are 5-14-1 on the road this season.

The Ams – deadlocked with Spokane for fourth in the division – were downed 3-1 by Seattle last night and have dropped four in a row. The Americans are 8-13-2 at home this season.

It’s the seventh meeting of the season between the Chiefs and Ams. Spokane has a 4-2 edge in the series.

Thumbs up Sounds like another great tilt between......

Stoesz and Hewitt! We could see Stoesz/Hewitt #3 next weekend.

How about an unbiased re-cap from a fan at the game? Boyle on the radio made it sound like a slight edge to Stoesz.

Looks like Hewitt has his hands full with the 17 yr. old Stoesz.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

Exclamation

Chiefs take over 4th. place, pick up 2 against the Tips tomorow boys!
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

upper level fan Guest

Maybe im dreaming, but looking at the standings if we can win tonight and both of them next weekend we could move close to second place. I think this U.S. division battle four 2nd thru 5th is going to be tighter than everyone thinks. And with the way everyone else has been playing I think Spokane has a great chance to move up past fourth in standings.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by upper level fan
    Maybe im dreaming, but looking at the standings if we can win tonight and both of them next weekend we could move close to second place. I think this U.S. division battle four 2nd thru 5th is going to be tighter than everyone thinks. And with the way everyone else has been playing I think Spokane has a great chance to move up past fourth in standings.
    I agree....it was the same way last year. I have no idea why TCA is struggling the way they are, but the Chiefs will take the points any day. Everett has me scratching my head too. The one thing I did notice last night was the awful defensive play by Everett in their own end, not typical Everett hockey, looking at their goals against.
    I posted on the white board a couple weeks ago that Everett and TC are going to regret letting the Chiefs stay close.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

upper level fan Guest

I see on the white board a Tri-cities fan replied that Stoesz got rocked by Hewitt. I wonder if we will ever find out the real truth? I would say that Hewitt could have very easily beat him but I doubt that he kicked the crap out of him. Hopefully we get to see round three next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by upper level fan
    I see on the white board a Tri-cities fan replied that Stoesz got rocked by Hewitt. I wonder if we will ever find out the real truth? I would say that Hewitt could have very easily beat him but I doubt that he kicked the crap out of him. Hopefully we get to see round three next weekend.
    I find that a little hard to believe........Boyle (although a homer) called it a slight edge to Stoesz.....and listening to it on the radio, Boyle said Stoesz had Hewitt down to his knees and was throwing haymakers........doesn't sound like an a$$ kicking by Hewitt to me.
    Hopefully some Spoke. fans made the trip and we'll see a different re-cap.....the truth will be somewhere in the middle
    I'm with you........I can't wait for rd. 3 next weekend.