Thread: Enforcers??

Default Enforcers??

I had taken an attitude that with all the new rules and softer play that an enforcer may not be necessary in todays league.......After Sundays Ams/Tips debacle I have changed my view.

When you have a ref that allows the cheap **** that was going on in that game then a team has to fall back to the old school rule of policing their own sport......unfortunately we do not have a Boogard who can single handedlly put a stop to it........As a result our players completely lost their composure and that is our bad not Everetts or Thiesens.......Some policing and retaliation was in order but lets hope we don't let the likes of the Tips influence another meltdown like we experienced.

Buddy

P. S. Thiesen sucks!

wheels1 Guest

Hats off to McColm for his scraps this pre-season. He has stepped up and has tried to fill the enforcer role. However, we could have really used his defence in most of the games. I really hope Tory goes out and picks up an enforcer to keep punks like Kyle Beach, and Taylor Jordan honest. I guess we will see what happens in the next few weeks.

P.S. I too think Thiesen sucks.

With the league's rules and the way they enforce them, enforcers can't really do their job and deter guys. As we saw with the Beach/Yellow Horn scenerio last year, the league is more worried about fighting than illegal hits. To combat Beach and guys like him maybe we need disposable players willing to take out guys like Hamill. Sending someone out to beat up Beach doesn't do much good when he turtles. Then you end up with a player hurt and a guy suspended. When Beach starts his crap rather than going after him, we should focus on their skill guys and start cheap shotting them.