Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: your favorite and least favorite whl logos

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    It is simply hideous. That goofy looking dragon thing staring at you. I know its supposed to be Ogoopogo, but that thing just looks stupid.
    I thought they were decent if not a great uniform the simplicity of them and the brightness, also the Ogo Pogo (Dragon thing) is a good link to kelowna with the myth surrounding the area of Ogo Pogo.

Default Acctually...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blade
    Just an FYI... that's a front end loader, not a Zamboni. We don't even have a Zamboni at our rink, it's an Olympia Ice Machine.
    When the logo was released ti was clearly explained to be one of the pre-zamboni Ice scraper blades. Simmilar to a ront end loader crossed with a grater/snow plow.

I personally think its a horrid logo and the lew sword logo is awesome.

Default So....

Quote Originally Posted by grumphy
    Tigers in last nights game unvailed thier new thirds--------back to the original 70's------brought back a lot of memories
    They just made the existing retro jerseys their thirds and got rid of the got awful fling comic tiger ones. About time!

Quote Originally Posted by AMSRocker
    I'll be a homer but I just love all 3 of the AMS jerseys right now! That is a puls for my team! punk rock I also like the S.C. "Iron Horse" road blue (not the one of the horse busting out the front but the one facing sideways). I also liked the blue and yellow Bulldozer Blades jersey as well as the road black Wheat Kings with the yellow pinstripes down the arms!!! SHARP!!!!

Dislikes:
    That UGLY gray Spokane 3rd jersey. Hell most of their fans hate them!!! :skeptical Also them road red Rockets jerseys were BAD! The Cougers could use some work too on all theirs... :skeptical
    The Chiefs' third jersey were probably the biggest abomination in the history of hockey jerseys. Those things were horrid. I don't think they wear those anymore, but I only went to 2 Chiefs home games last season so I'm not 100% sure about that.

As for the thread, someone did a good job of digging to find this! I am a fan of the older logos in the league like Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Regina, Moose Jaw etc (I know I am missing some). There's a reason those logos have been around for 20 years, or more in some cases. They work.

As a final note, I was surprised looking at a number of people who liked Everett's jersey. I guess the whites are okay, but I've never been a fan of the logo or of the shade of green they use. JMO