Thread: All locked up... well at least, kinda

LethMan_9 Guest

Default All locked up... well at least, kinda

Well, as of last night, the Hurricanes have locked up home ice advantage. The late goal from Redenbach in OT sealed the deal for the us, a big 2 points picked up on the road that definately helped us out in the standings. With the Hat having a game at hand and only one point behind us, this is going to be a very close race to the finish to see who makes 1-2. With a date with the Broncs tonight, a game against the hitmen and 2 against the rebels to finish out the season, it would be amazing to finish off the season on a strong note. If not, it will at least add to their furry come playoffs.

LethMan_9

Too bad we lost to SC tonight. Thank god the Hat lost as well. It would have been huge to open up a three point lead. I just hope we meet Calgary in the playoffs. I can't stand Ladd or Getzlaf and I think it'll be a hell of a series.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

Number_4 Guest

Well Lethbridge and Calgary are known for being more offensive, so that series could be interesting... on the flip side, the Rebs are defensive first, which could also prove interesting. Either way, it should be a good series. Although I can see a Calgary series to be more fun for the fan base- its closer for those playoff road trips I love!

LethMan_9 Guest

I definately have to agree with you. A calgary/lethbridge series would be great, plus ive got a few Hitmen fans back in c-town, so it would definately be fun. Offence or defence, they will both be great series! Go Canes Go!

Default All locked up - The big picture

While you guys in Alberta are considering "all locked up" being whether LA or the Hat win the central, for us in Manitoba it means locking up the Eastern Conference.

For what-ever reason, the Wheaties have always played terrible in Alberta so it is so important to keep winning and guarenteeing a game 7 in Brandon if needed.

I would hate to have to win a game 7 in Lethbridge or Medicine Hat but I would like our chances at the Keystone. If the Wheaties run the table now, it will be all locked up for us.

Lots of hockey before then, including one or two play-off series but each win from here on counts big.

Default For Whatever Reason???

Quote Originally Posted by BWK

For what-ever reason, the Wheaties have always played terrible in Alberta so it is so important to keep winning and guarenteeing a game 7 in Brandon if needed.

I'm not taking anything away from the Wheaties, they are a very good team. But playing in Alberta means playing the much stronger Central division. The Wheaties even have a losing record this season against the last place Broncos of the Central division. I think it's just that the Central is that much stronger than the East. That being said, I am pulling for Brandon in the playoffs, then Lethbridge because of Redenbach. Good Luck to both teams

well, it now looks as if it will be a RD - Leth. series as your hopes of finishing first have faded a bit and with the win over Leth, RD seems to have gained the 3 spot.
    Drop the Puck