Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pats/Giants Trade

Default Pats/Giants Trade

PATS & GIANTS MAKE TRADE

Regina, Saskatchewan – Thursday, September 27th, the Regina Pats announced this morning that they have made a four player trade with the Vancouver Giants. The Regina Pats are shipping forward Mike Reich and defencemen Craig Schira to Vancouver, in exchange for forward Tim Kraus and defencemen Juraj Valach.

Reich, the native of Craik SK, has appeared in 2 games with the Pats this season, and has accumulated 7 penalty minutes. Reich (5’10”, 185lb) suited up for 61 games with the Pats last season, collecting 15 goals and 7 assists, also racking up 187 penalty minutes.

Schira, the native of Spiritwood, SK, had been with the Pats organization for 4 years, collecting a total of 68 points in 206 games played. Schira was originally drafted by Pats in 2003 WHL Bantam Draft, when he was drafted in the 6th round, 111th overall. This season, Schira had collected 1 assist in 2games played with the Pats.

In exchange, the Pats receive two players, headlined by 20-year old Tim Kraus. Kraus comes to the Pats after being the 2nd leading scorer on the Giants last season. He collected 19 goals and 47 assists for 66 points in 70 games. The 6’0”, 180lb product of Garden Grove, CA, Kraus brings a wealth of experience and scoring punch to the Pats line-up.

With the move, the Pats also fill their 2nd import roster spot by bringing in Juraj Valach, a native of Zvolen, Slovkia. 18 year-old Valach (6’6”, 210lb) is playing in his second campaign in the WHL, having collected 7 goals and 23 assists in 58 games with the Tri City Americans last season. So far this season, Valach has 1 goal and 3 assists in 2 games played with the Giants.

“We are excited about what Tim Kraus and Juraj Valach will bring to our hockey club. Having said that we are losing two talented players and tremendous young men in Craig and Mike. It is no secret that we were looking to add another scoring forward and to get top players you have to give up good players in return. I believe that this will be a good deal for both team and I wish Craig and Mike nothing but success in Vancouver and in their hockey careers” – Commented Pats General Manager Brent Parker.

The Pats next home game will be September 28th, when the Red Deer Rebels will be in town to square off with the Pats at the Brandt Centre. Game time will be 7:00pm.

told ya'll....

oh baby is our team is STOCKED!

From Greg Harder's Slap Shots blog...

Quick analysis: The Pats get the No. 1 centre they covet in Kraus. They also replace Schira with a big, talented defenceman. I wrote a story in the Leader-Post back in the summer that the Pats wanted Kraus but didn't pull the trigger because of a reluctance to part with Schira. The inclusion of Valach was a key to the deal. Without him, the Pats' defence would have looked pretty young in a hurry, with rookies Curtis Kulchar and Alex Pym moving up the depth chart a little sooner than the Pats would have wanted.

Brandon needs to respond to this trade I think, cant wait to see Kraus on Saturday evening, he's definitely a gifted player and it's ****ty that we only see Vancouver once every few years

Default Trade

good trade to make. Definately going to improve their offense !!!
    Last edited by Believer; 09-28-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    Brandon needs to respond to this trade I think, cant wait to see Kraus on Saturday evening, he's definitely a gifted player and it's ****ty that we only see Vancouver once every few years
    Brandon is off to a good start, but they are still a rebuilding team. Just because they had 2 convincing wins over toon town doesnt mean they will against teams like calgary and regina.

But if they want, they could trade something to everett for a euro, and reekie.

But as for the trade, I think that if everything pans out right for us, meaning that if Valach keeps playing well( 4 points in 2 games so far), and if Kraus isnt as lazy as all the vancouver fans say, then we won this trade very easily.

Schira is a great defenceman though. Gonna miss him, but Ross can already play schira's role and more. I dont know why they took reich, perhaps because of the potential. He might realize it, and I actually hope he does, but if he doesnt, he is just another hunt and wuchterl for Vancouver to hold on to. (Hunt - Reich - Wuchterl would be a scary line to go up against I must say.)

Here is hoping that kraus shows his worth in the regina.
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 09-27-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Bran Guest

Good luck to both guys in Vancouver. I don't really know what the Giants want with Reich but I'll miss that crazy kid! I liked Schira, too but this makes a lot of sense for the Pats. So...who gets sent home?

Nice trade for both teams pats get there 20 year old and there second euro, they will probablly waite out sauleties injury and have even more fire power, schira was a great stay at home d-man reich was a good adjitator, but kraus will light it up probablly play with ofukany on the second line with hill, first line will be mcangus eberle and leffler

Quote Originally Posted by Bran
    Good luck to both guys in Vancouver. I don't really know what the Giants want with Reich but I'll miss that crazy kid! I liked Schira, too but this makes a lot of sense for the Pats. So...who gets sent home?
    Probably Cervany, unless he shows that he can make an impact in the league. Sending saulietis home is better for the franchise for the future, but that wouldnt be fair for kaspars. The injury was terrible luck, and shouldnt decide if he goes home or not.

I'm gonna say they will wait Saulietis out and send Cervany. Kaspars has a load of talent and once back should be able to show it. Though really, I don't know what the Pats have planned for their Euro spots. I would like to see Kaspars stay, but maybe they have plans for another 20? Who knows? We'll just have to wait it out.

Great trade though I think. We definitely just got better!