Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: COUGARS Add Tommy T

Default COUGARS Add Tommy T

http://www.pgcougars.com/news/text/4...+Add+Netminder

Sep 27 2007

Cougars Add Netminder

PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have announced the addition of 19 year old goaltender Tommy Tartaglione (“Tar-Tag-Lee-Oh-Nee) from the Edmonton Oil Kings in exchange for a Conditional 6th Round Bantam selection in 2009.

Tartaglione, a 5’10”, 190 lbs. product of Harbour City, CA, back stopped 22 games for the Regina Pats last season, registering 10 wins (3 shutouts), 5 losses, and 1 OTL. He finished up the season with a 2.88 GAA, and 89.90 save %.

With the addition of Tartaglione, the Cougars now have 3 goaltenders on their active roster. The Cougars expect Tartaglione to join them in Chilliwack tomorrow.
    What does this mean for CYR and Danyluk? I don't like this acquisition one bit.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

This trade raises some questions. If the Cougars were genuinely attepting to rebuild for the future, one would think trading away a draft pick for a 19 yr old would be out of the question. I don't understand this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote14
    This trade raises some questions. If the Cougars were genuinely attepting to rebuild for the future, one would think trading away a draft pick for a 19 yr old would be out of the question. I don't understand this trade.
    Trade Cyr for a higher than a 6th round pick, Let Tommy take the lead in net for the next 2 seasons backed up by the rookie easing him into more and more games and hopefully with some wise drafting that higher pick turns into a nice piece of your puzzle in a couple years.

Or at least that is what I make of this situation.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Maybe they believe that, like the 3 or 4 teams that had him before, he could develop into a starting goaltender....

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey
    Trade Cyr for a higher than a 6th round pick, Let Tommy take the lead in net for the next 2 seasons backed up by the rookie easing him into more and more games and hopefully with some wise drafting that higher pick turns into a nice piece of your puzzle in a couple years.

Or at least that is what I make of this situation.

Yeah, but who is in the market for a 20 yr old goaltender?
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    Maybe they believe that, like the 3 or 4 teams that had him before, he could develop into a starting goaltender....
    Tommy is a pretty good goalie. He was screwed in the whole Slade episode along with Chad Scarff. Chad was released to make room on the OA roster and Tommy was moved to a team so he could develop rather than being the 3rd string goalie. Giants really had his best interests in mind and would have hung onto him if Slade had of left at the start of the season.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    Yeah, but who is in the market for a 20 yr old goaltender?
    Portland? Cyr could be like Neufeld last year for the Giants. Give Mucha some nights off of the shelling that the young Hawks D will give up.

They have a good crop of younger players and could afford to give up say a 2nd round pick.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey
    Tommy is a pretty good goalie. He was screwed in the whole Slade episode along with Chad Scarff.
    Had no idea that Slade went back to Regina after he left the Giants, and then to the Oil Kings training camp. I guess what I am saying is, that while he might have gotten a raw deal in Vancouver due to Slade, he really hasn't been able to really stick at any of the other teams that he has wound up at for whatever reason.

Clearly, the Cougars lack some sort of idea on which way they'd like to move forward at the goaltending position. Last year was a revolving door..... Bringing back what's his face was now, a stupid move. I don't buy the Portland thing as I think they are carrying three goalies. They must be putting their eggs in the Cyr basket as they did last year. He will win them at least one playoff round as he did last season. If they can get there. Kelowna will be the odd man out in the playoff race unless lightning strikes. It must be a move for the future. Curious to note that last year's castoff, Jordan White, is now in Portland. Third star in their loss to Chilliwack last weekend. Hopefully, this is the decision and they will stick with it......clearly this rant lacks direction...just as the Cougar's goaltending decision making process.....

the kid is hella entertaining on & off the ice....talks to his water bottle, drops his helmet on the ice for hat tricks....priceless i say