get Plante,Mercer,Seabrook back in the lineup and get
    rid of Dansereau, we will be top ranked all season,best hitmen
    team I've seen since late 90's......

Quote Originally Posted by armypower
    Been a season ticket holder for 10 yrs, when we
    get Plante,Mercer,Seabrook back in the lineup and get
    rid of Dansereau, we will be top ranked all season,best hitmen
    team I've seen since late 90's......
    Definitely a great club, no doubt! But thats a tough group to compare them to. Not much of a Hitmen fan but I remember the Brendl, Beech, Moran, Nielsen, Fomitchev days! That was an unreal team then too but I think Brandon beat them out in 7

Icon32

The two best years/team we had we ended up losing to Ottawa in the final in overtime (still get upset over Galbraith cheapshot to deliberatly injure Brad Stuart the game after doing the same to Cheechoo) and then getting upset by Dan Blackburn in one of the best goaltending exhibition I've ever witnessed. The second team was the best, ranked #1 from pre-season and every week after that, and our longest winless streak was one game until Blackburn stoned us. And I do believe we have had 12 players on that squard play in the NHL. Some for only a cup of coffee but others a bit longer with Stuart probably doing the best.
    Will this team be as good is a good question. It has the possibilities to be with a better defensive squard but not as much offense. We won't have a 60 goal scorer or 120 point man but who does nowadays? Maybe a more balance squard this year and more overall speed.
    And we will have a couple more players added to this team through trades before Kisio is done.
    nhl pbj nhl nhl :skeptical

ya,I realize I shouldn't compare to those great teams of the 90's,your right about the offense, we don't have a Brendl,Moran or a Dodginghorse but things are looking not bad so far, can't wait to check out the new guys from Swift Wednesday night

There is a dude that wears a Brett Dodginghorse jersey to wheat kings games! haha its awesome!!!!