Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Loss

Thumbs down Another Loss

The COUGARS are now 0 - 3! Yikes. What's going on with CYR? He must be very frustrated with himself and his defence. Looks like he dropped the mitts with the Bruins goalie Esposito last night and was tossed for his efforts. At least he is not taking the losses lightly. Hang in there Real. We still believe in you. applause
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

What I love about the WHL is the heart that the players and the fans bring to the game. Even with the loss, Wishart played well and Tyrell had a decent showing. Cyr did get lit up in the first, but his support caved after the first two went in. Tommy T. made some nice saves and while you want to see Cyr go the distance, PG has a decent backup. I had a great time visiting with a PG billet in our row until the line brawl sent her billet out of the game with a dislocated shoulder. I think the bigger testament to this PG game was that they didn't let up until the empty netter, while our boys simply tried to shut it down in the second by playing the trap. It's going to be a long year in PG and hopefully the fans stick with them.
    GO BRUINS GO!

Thumbs up Classy Comments

Nice comments Bruins Booster. You're a classy guy/gal. The nice thing about this forum is people like you. Thank-you! applause

No offense, but the Cougars need a heart transplant.

I guess it would be much better if they had a different owner, but the Cougars have been spinning their wheels season after season. I don't mind PG, but until that owner sells the team, I don't see many positives coming from the North.
    It was great to hear about sold out barns in the playoffs last spring, but I feel for their fans because as long as they have the same owner, he's not about to sink a ton of dough into the team. Too bad, because I feel the community would fully back the organization if they had a different owner. I've been up to Prince 3x to watch games & I really enjoy the hockey atmosphere up there.

I've heard several others with the same opinion as yours regarding the ownership. I tend to agree as well. You'd think that the owners are just looking for an excuse to move the team.

The owner of PG had offers of basically, a name your price open cheque but he didn't want to sell it. It must be extremely frustrating to the fans.

Who are the owners? What aren't they doing to help the team? I don't know anything about the PG situation.

Default Selling team

A group of PG businessmen have tried to buy the team in the past and were quickly shut down. Fans want and need a change of ownership! Fans support the team but not enough to put $ into the owners' pockets.

CYR in a fight! I can't imagine such a classy guy breaking like that!

Default Owner

Brodsky owns it,his son-in-law manages it and his daughter is in management

Quote Originally Posted by puckmam
    A group of PG businessmen have tried to buy the team in the past and were quickly shut down. Fans want and need a change of ownership! Fans support the team but not enough to put $ into the owners' pockets.

CYR in a fight! I can't imagine such a classy guy breaking like that!
    Don't kid yourself puckmam! CYR is not afraid of the rough stuff, in fact he'll drop the mitts at every opportunity. He proudly brought me an autographed pic of him and then BRUIN goalie Archibald exchanging pleasantries last season.