Courtesy Regan Bartel:

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Leo Looking Forward to Debut
I spoke to Brady Leavold for the first time today. The kid is well spoken, and appears to be upbeat about moving closer to home and joining a new team. Leavold admitted in an interview that he and Broncos head coach Dean Chynoweth often didn't see eye to eye, yet it was interesting that Chynoweth drove Leavold to Calgary before he boarded a plane to Kelowna. Let's best honest here. If Chynoweth really couldn't stand the kid, would he have spent 5 hours with Brady on the ride up to Cow-Town?

Leavold looks like Bobby Clarke - the player. No front teeth means this dude has been in his share of battles over his hockey career. Leavold knows his role, and admits he can talk trash on the ice like no other. The Rockets were looking for a Simon Ferguson proto-type. Something tells me, they've found their man.
Leavold has a confident swagger about him, something desperately missing from the Rockets roster. My general impression is Brady won't be intimidated by the opposition, will play in-your-face hockey, and will make his linemates play a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier.