Switzer's Blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007
7-2 Loss/Don't Haterize on Leo/How to Appear to be a work-a-holic.

The Broncos lost 7-2 to Calgary lastnight at the Saddledome. Our record drops to 3 and 2.

FIRE THE COACH!

I kid. The Saskatchewan sports fan does tend to get on and off the bandwagon rather quickly.

I said at the beginning of the year that Travis Yonkman would be the key to success. While "Yonks" does play a key role in the blue paint, I'm changing my mind on the key to Bronco winning. It seems to be Levi Nelson. While hockey shouldn't be reduced to algebra, it seems almost mathematical. Levi playing smart=Victory.

Onward and upward.

Don't Haterize on Leo

The above line has been a blog subject of mine three times now. Former Bronco and current Kelowna Rocket Brady Leavold is the hot talk on the whlfans forum. Because nobody asked, here's my thoughts on Brady Leavold. Any dealings I had with him were very pleasant. He conducted himself VERY well in interviews. When I saw him in public we was always cool to talk to. What he said on his 'facebook' account should be off the record. Having said that, Brady just seems to get caught up in $#!T. He was singled out in Gare Joyce's work of fiction, he was hammered for going home and being soft a few years back...and now this.

The world around someone is often a reflection of themselves. Through the laws of cause and effect, people are responsible for their own actions. I think Brady needs to better learn that his actions have consequences and a few words can cause much disturbance. Life is like a game of chess...you have to think a few moves ahead.

Leo, if you succeed in learning this...tell me how. I still do some pretty dumb stuff.