Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Leavold A ROCKET"

Default "Leavold A ROCKET"

From Switzer's blog:

Leo a Rocket

A very credible source tells me Brady Leavold has been dealt to the Kelowna Rockets. Not sure what or who is coming our way. My guess is a bantam pick.

I always enjoyed chatting with Brady on and off the air. Sad to see him go. He always tried to provide a spark no matter what the score.

With Kelowna's other acquistion of Jamie Benn from the BC league, they could suddenly make waves in the BC division.

Good luck Leo.

R$
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Great observation there Switz. HAHA.

Yes, Leavold is, in fact, a Kelowna Rocket. A bantam draft pick is headed our way in return.

Good luck Leo.
    Last edited by Big Ern; 10-01-2007 at 11:54 PM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    Thats a big loss. I am a big Leavold fan....did you guys have to many 20's?
    Yes, since aquiring Eric Felde from Tri Cities on Saturday, the Broncos had four 20-yr-olds. One of them had to go.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

This move, which appears to have occured, does not surprise me at all. We can all do our own speculations but when considering the other 20 year olds along with Leavold, it makes sense to me that Leavold is being dealt. Of course it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to move Felde, who we just acquired as he brings a ton of speed and offensiive capabilities; RJ Larochelle brings leadership and toughness from the back end; so the only possibilities of 20 year olds being moved in my opinion was Leavold or Wilson. Yes Leavold did bring grit and aggressiveness when he could control his emotions and not be in the box.

I'm assuming now that this is our 2007/2008 Swift Current Broncos team. We have 4 strong lines that gives elements of speed, defense and offensive capabilites to go along with some toughness in my opinion. I know I've said it before about us needing a true heavy weight when we all we currently have is a few middleweights in Tassone, Smith, Larochelle, and Molle but I'm not 100% sure now if we want to or even need to do any tickering to our lineup as I feel we are looking pretty dang good now of our current roster. I'd like to see us acquire a heavy weight but unless it's a bantam pick being traded away, I don't see us doing that now. I could be wrong. Any thoughts? Opinions?

p.s. What will Gervai's role be this year? 3rd or 4th line winger at best if at all? I could see Gervais being dealt or released to acquire some toughness but at the same time I can also see our lineup not changing.

Gervais, is a mucker and grinder, that's able to put the puck in the net. You have to remember he's still only 17 years old, and probally throws the best hits for his age and experience on the team. I hope he sticks around, I feel he can be like a Syszky, or Ondrus.
    Always Remembered

Default Wilson..

Mike Wilson is more than worth a 20-yr-old spot on our team. He's playing awesome!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default Leavold

To bad it couldn't have worked out here for Leavold, he is a great player. I'm sure that Kelowna will make good use of him. Going to be VERY interesting when these two teams play next.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern
    Mike Wilson is more than worth a 20-yr-old spot on our team. He's playing awesome!
    On pace for 144 assists lol

I usually dont like to post stuff like this but in this case I will make an exception. I do wish Brady all the best but I am NOT sorry he is leaving. It was clear he had no respect for this team and or communtiy. His actions speak louder than words. After last week he was done in a Bronco uniform. I have to say kudos to Dean for being able to actually get something for him.

The question is now, will he actually report this time, unlike when we initially traded him to Everett a few years back?
    Last edited by Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese; 10-02-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Typo
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!