Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Leavold A ROCKET"

Default Official Press Release

Broncos Trade Leavold to Rockets

Oct. 2 - The Swift Current Broncos announced this morning that they have traded 20-year-old forward Brady Leavold to the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a conditional Bantam Draft pick.
    As a result of the recent three way trade with the Hitmen and Americans, made on Saturday, the Broncos were left with four overage players.

The Port Coquitlam native appeared in 132 games with the Broncos over the past three seasons recording 20 goals and 30 assists.

The Broncos roster now consists of 23 players, including 2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, and 14 forwards.

The Broncos return to action tonight in Lethbridge as they begin their 5 game road trip. The team then moves on to Calgary (tomorrow), Kamloops (Friday), Prince George (Saturday) and concludes in Edmonton on Thanksgiving Monday. The Broncos play their first home game against the Oil Kings on Friday, October 12th.

For more information contact:

Dean Chynoweth, GM/Head Coach, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 8

Tracy Lemon, Public/Media Relations Director, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 9
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Quote Originally Posted by SuckItUp
    I usually dont like to post stuff like this but in this case I will make an exception. I do wish Brady all the best but I am NOT sorry he is leaving. It was clear he had no respect for this team and or communtiy. His actions speak louder than words. After last week he was done in a Bronco uniform. I have to say kudos to Dean for being able to actually get something for him.

Wow.. doesn't respect his team or his communtiy? Wow have you ever met this boy on the couple times i met him. Was a nice kid didn't show any disrespect to me, and well to some extent he stuck up for players on his team.. I know its your own opinion and thats fine, but this is a person you are talkin about. I will wish him the best of luck and am sad to see him go. But its just part of hockey.

Default Leavold Responds

Broncos send Leavold to Rockets
    SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
    The Southwest Booster

The Swift Current Broncos cleared up their 20-year-old situation Tuesday morning when the team announced that they had traded 20-year-old forward Brady Leavold to the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a conditional Bantam Draft pick.

As a result of the recent three-way trade with the Hitmen and Americans, made on Saturday, the Broncos were left with four overage players with the acquisition of 20-year-old forward Erik Felde.

Leavold, a Port Coquitlam native, appeared in 132 games with the Broncos over the past three seasons recording 20 goals and 30 assists.

“I have been here on and off for about four years. I have met a lot of great people during my time here. It’s is actually funny, I am the only one that is still here from the original group when I was 17, so I guess you can write that off,” said Leavold Tuesday afternoon.

Leavold admitted that leaving Swift Current would be tough.

“I had amazing billets that were like my second family. I can’t say enough about them and I am going to miss them probably more then anything. I have built a lot of great friendships just like you would going anywhere and I am really going to miss the guys on this team.”

Leavold took the move in stride though.

“There is nothing you can do about it. Hockey is a business and I think that we all understand that. I will be happy wherever I go. I am not too concerned about where I am going, I just like to play hockey.”

The Broncos roster now consists of 23 players, including two goaltenders, seven defensemen, and 14 forwards.

Default facebook

Obviously anybody sticking up for him didnt see what he had written on his facebook page. Get that cancer as far away from here as possible. Good riddance.

What was said on facebook?

He basically told the coaches and his teamates the can go (rymes with) Puck off. Both on facebook and in person. So no I am not sad he is gone. But i do wish him all the best. There is no room for that in this league. When there are many kids out there that would do anything to play in this league I say good riddance.

Default Leavold

This is the first i heard of this but if it's true which the rumors are saying then Dean did the right thing trading him. To be successful in this league and as a team you have to respect the coach and your teamates. Telling them to ****-*** is not good for team chemistry. Being a 20 year-old and looked up to as a leader on this team by the rookies it wouldn't sit well with the other players or the coach.

Scout

I'd like to see proof. Did a search on facebook and found nothing for him. Maybe you could steer me in the right direction. I'm having trouble believing this story. Every time I talked to him he showed me nothing but respect and loved playing here.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Bucking Bronco Guest

On facebook, they have "status" updates, these are Brady's from the last few days

sept 18- Brady is **** u deano. 10:59am

sept 29- Brady is getting the **** out of swift current. 12:34pm

oct 1- Brady is traded to kelowna. 10:04pm

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    I'd like to see proof. Did a search on facebook and found nothing for him. Maybe you could steer me in the right direction. I'm having trouble believing this story. Every time I talked to him he showed me nothing but respect and loved playing here.
    You have to be on his friends list to see his profile. So for that reason I cant show you proof. If you know anyone who is one of his friends ask them. They will tell you. Then to tell the coaches the same when confronted...well we all know what happened.