Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Leavold A ROCKET"

I didn't mean to say it wasn't true, I just had a hard time believing it. I did find his name on Big Ern's profile so maybe he will confirm it. I wonder what turned him sour again. Must be some reason, not that it makes it right to do.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Yes, he is a friend of mine, both on FACEBOOK, and in hockey. I chat with him all the time, as well as his father, and both have been great to me. As far as respect, he CERTAINLY did respect the city and the fans. He in fact, loved his billets, and the town.

Whatever happened on internet really doesn't matter. The bottom line is, he didn't do too well in the dressing room. Some people just don't see eye to eye. It's common. Things got very bumpy lately, so he was told to await a trade. He was scratched in Med. Hat, and of course traded the following few days. I've said enough about this. IMO the situation turned out very good. He's no longer a pain in the dressing room, and he's getting a chance in Kelowna.

And our team won 3-1 tonight.

Enough said.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

leavold10 Guest

So I check the site and i love all these posts. Big ern is the only one with the slightest of clue as to what went on, but i'll let you all pretend like you know me.

I did not leave on bad terms what so ever. Dean drove me to calgary himself and we had a great time on the way out there. I loved the broncos and the town. I did anything for any of my teammates regardless what the price would be. Thats the kind of guy i am. Keep in mind im a human just like all of you... people come across problems in their lives yes even hockey players. So when anything goes bad you come on here and try and cut them down? I dont know... i would like to say thanks to the enitre city of swift... my team mates ecspecially. Best of luck, you have the team to make a run.

I am extactic to be in kelowna. this is a top line organization and i couldnt be happier. Thanks to everyone even the ones who have nothing but negativity towards me. Ill see you in november.. i promise it will be a good one.
    thanks,
    Brady Leavold

Default Thanks Brady

Thanks for the entertainment you provided us when you were on the ice. It's good when a player comes on the site and provides insight on the goings on. Good to see you never left on bad terms and that you and Dean left on good terms. Best of luck in Kelowna.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Default unfortunate

Its easy to get emotional and write stuff. Just need to remember that when its online its available to millions of people to view and you can get judged by it whether they know you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by leavold10
    So I check the site and i love all these posts. Big ern is the only one with the slightest of clue as to what went on, but i'll let you all pretend like you know me.

I did not leave on bad terms what so ever. Dean drove me to calgary himself and we had a great time on the way out there. I loved the broncos and the town. I did anything for any of my teammates regardless what the price would be. Thats the kind of guy i am. Keep in mind im a human just like all of you... people come across problems in their lives yes even hockey players. So when anything goes bad you come on here and try and cut them down? I dont know... i would like to say thanks to the enitre city of swift... my team mates ecspecially. Best of luck, you have the team to make a run.

I am extactic to be in kelowna. this is a top line organization and i couldnt be happier. Thanks to everyone even the ones who have nothing but negativity towards me. Ill see you in november.. i promise it will be a good one.
    thanks,
    Brady Leavold

Default Rockets Add Reinforcement

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/s...ts.php?id=67863

Quote:
    Rockets add reinforcement
    By Doyle Potenteau
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Brady Leavold doesn‘t know who Simon Ferguson is. In time, he will. If he‘s around, that is. After adding a surprise forward to their roster on Monday, the Kelowna Rockets went out and acquired another on Tuesday, plucking the 20-year-old Leavold from the Swift Current Broncos. Now with the 5-foot-10, 194-pound winger from Port Coquitlam in the mix, Kelowna has four over-age players on its roster, which is one more than the WHL limit. According to the Rockets, they have until Oct. 11 to either trade or release one of their over-agers – goalie Kris Westblom, captain James McEwan, defenceman Lyon Messier or Leavold.
    “We‘re giving everybody a fair chance and we‘re only four games in, so it‘s not about panic,” said Rockets president and general manager Bruce Hamilton, whose team is fourth in B.C. Division standings. “You know what? We‘ve gone through a month of training camp and I‘m still not seeing what I want to see from some of our guys. Therefore, as people become available from other teams, and there‘s somebody there we want to have a look at, we‘ll take a look at him.”
    Enter Leavold, who is described as a gritty forward, in the mold of former Rocket Simon Ferguson. The six-foot Ferguson could skate, score, fight, kill penalties and was a key cog in helping Kelowna grind its way to the 2004 Memorial Cup. Now, while it‘s unfair to compare players directly, look at these two pictures:
    In 2003-04, Ferguson‘s last season with Kelowna, the 20-year-old piled up 15 goals and 23 assists for 38 points plus 186 penalty minutes in 68 regular-season games. Last season as a 19-year-old, Leavold tallied 14 goals and 21 assists for 35 points plus 142 penalty minutes in 55 regular-season games.
    “I wouldn‘t put that on him yet because Simon was a tremendously talented player. And an antagonist,” said Hamilton. “Being that (Leavold) was in the other conference, we haven‘t seen enough of him lately to know a lot. But if he is that, boy, we‘ll be excited. I know he‘s not afraid to stir things up.”
    Tuesday‘s trade was precipitated by Swift Current having four over-age players and Kelowna wanting to add a character player to its roster. Kelowna‘s cost was cheap, a conditional draft pick. So, how does Leavold feel about being traded to Kelowna? Pretty good, since his parents live in Port Coquitlam and they have a place on Okanagan Lake.
    “The trade was a bit of a surprise,” said Leavold, who arrived in Kelowna at 11 a.m. “(Broncos head coach Dean Chynoweth) told me to pack my bags and we were heading to Calgary. Yeah, I knew I was getting traded, but I didn‘t know where I was going. This is the best place I could have ended up. I spend my summers here, so I‘m pretty familiar with the area. It‘s close to home for me, so it‘ll give my friends and family a better chance to see me play. I can honestly say I‘ve came to B.C. once in my whole four-year career.”
    Leavold has never played at Prospera Place, but he‘ll get his chance on Friday, when Kelowna opens a home-and-home set with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Game time is 7 p.m., with Saturday‘s tilt in Seattle set for 7:05 p.m.
    “I‘m an energy-type guy and I do have an offensive upside; I can put the puck in the net,” said Leavold. “I can definitely do that, but I also like to fight. I like to play a gritty game and get in the other team‘s face. I don‘t shy away from anything. I got a pretty big mouth out there, but I can back that up, too; I had 13 or 14 fights last season. I‘ll do whatever it takes to get the team going; it doesn‘t matter what the score is or the situation out on the ice. If I can get a spark out of the guys, I‘ll do whatever I have to do.”
    ICE CHIPS: In other WHL news, the Medicine Hat Tigers shipped D Adrian Van de Mosselaer, 17, of Kelowna to the Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday for a bantam draft pick.
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Go get 'em Brady, I'm glad you left on good terms. You have always been a favorite of mine and I wish you the best.
    Always Remembered

Default Leo

I too, say good luck Brady. Players in this day and age have to deal with lot more than just on ice preformance. And all the dealings I have had with Brady over the time he was with the Broncos have been great ones. He was great to the fans, especially the kids.
    Sure, maybe he did make a few mistakes? But we always seem to lose sight of the fact they these are 16-20 year old kids. They only know hockey and what is put in front of them. They come to a place like Swift Current and are put on a pedastel. Then, we wait, and watch for them to fall off and talk down about them after the fact. any posting he may have made on Facebook may completely been out of stress, if they even WERE on there. And if you have to be on the "friend" list of the person to view this, then A) it's not common knowledge, and B) nice friend the person must be who threw him under the bus by bringing it public.
    I for one hope Brady stays in Kelowna. He can do well there. And if not, send him closer back to home so we can watch him more !!

Well even I have to eat my words. Thats ok with me though. Even I got caught up in the heat of the moment on what was said and written. Sometimes even the most trusted souce is not so. So Brady I apologize to you. SOME of the things I posted should not have been. You do not need fans comming down hard on you like I did. That is all I will say with this situation we need to look to the future and not the past.

dtnewbie_bronco Guest

Best of luck to Brady out in BC. For the short time I got to watch you, i was quite pleased with the way you could play. It's to bad things didn't work out here in swift because I thought you brought a lot more to the table then you were ever credited for. I was reading that Reagan's Rant (the writer in Kelowna) and i also ran into this link. It's a video interview of Brady.
    Best of luck Brady

http://chbcnews.ca/index.php?name=Ne...icle&sid=14827

(you will have to copy and paste it)

Go Broncos Go