Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Requests

Quote Originally Posted by SuckItUp
    Best of luck to you Phil. You are a tremendous talent. You will be missed here in my eyes.
    Why would you guys let him go for nothing? Not a criticism, but a question

Well I believe he was a third round draft pick, he has not done a whole bunch to increase his stock and in the dub a lot of trades for players like him are for draft picks. Plus the broncos are stacked with depth at forward.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    Why would you guys let him go for nothing? Not a criticism, but a question
    It is more of a mystery why the Giants would go out and pick up another grinder (which they have about 3 lines of already). Maybe they thought they needed to replace what Wuchterl brought to the team? Either way, the Broncos got back what they used on him (a 3rd round pick).

Wow, terribly disappointed. I liked Gervais a lot, I wish him the best and you guys in Van will get a player that brings hard hitting and intensity every shift. He gets better every game. All the best again, Phil.
    Always Remembered

Default Don't Understand This On

I enjoyed watching Gervais out there and he played with alot of heart. He was also one of the few Broncos who hit and hit hard. He was also great at getting under the other teams skin and draw a penalty. Why only a third round pick? I will miss seeing him throwing the body around. Best of luck Phil.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

This moved did not surprise me at all. I did like like his hitting and aggressiveness but skating was a problem to go along with the depth we have this season at the forward position. Just my opinion.

Default Broncos Deal Gervais To Vancouver

Keen's Korner

Wednesday, October 10, 2007
    Broncos Deal Gervais to Vancouver
    Here's the news release:

The Swift Current Broncos have announced Wednesday afternoon that they have traded 17-year-old forward Phil Gervais to the Vancouver Giants for a 3rd Round pick in the 2008 Bantam Draft.

Gervais was originally drafted by the Broncos in the 3rd round, 52nd overall in the 2005 Bantam Draft and is in his 2nd season in the Western Hockey League.

---------------------

This move gets the Broncos down to 22 players on the roster - a number they usually like to operate with.

The depth at the 17 year-old forward position allows the Broncos to do this. With Mike Brown, Geordie Wudrick, Justin Dowling, Jan Dalecky and a couple of prospects at that age, the Broncos are deep in 1990 talent.

PersonallyI think the Broncos received good value here - a third round pick is pretty good. It also gives them another trade tool to throw around at the deadline if they're in position to make a long playoff run.

The Giants have a pretty good group of forwards already. Phil will be in plenty of competition with the Giants for regular ice-time.

Jon
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

This caught me by suprise i must say. I like Phil, he went out competed and hit anything in sight. However with that said he was sitting in the crowd a few times this year, so a move isnt really breathtaking. Any how i wish Phil the best in Vangroovy, he is playing for a classy organization and he will do well out there.

We are in first place for the time being. We had a great start to the season, even on an 8 game road swing to start the year but yet there is still trade requests from players? Just a wild guess but perhaps the coach is in deed not wanting to be played for with the current players on the team. What do we do to change this situation?

Good call Broncos Rep.