Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Requests

Typically a player requests a trade because he doesn't like his current situation ie. lack of ice time, subject of a coach's wrath, etc. If you listen to Dean he isn't overly impressed with the teams performance. Ya 5 wins in 8 road games is good and ya rushing the net is working but there are other things on the ice he sees need improving. Remember this is year 4 of a 5 year plan and the coach expects a certain amount of growth and development each day. Some players can see that vision others can only see their own.
    I won't criticize an individual player, especially since I haven't seen them play this year but if there are guys who can't see Deans vision then move them because there are enough guys in this league and junior A that will buy into it.

broncorep - Lets get a couple of wins this weekend & let Dean do the coaching & we will do the cheering. Go Broncos Go

Exactly right!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    Typically a player requests a trade because he doesn't like his current situation ie. lack of ice time, subject of a coach's wrath, etc. If you listen to Dean he isn't overly impressed with the teams performance. Ya 5 wins in 8 road games is good and ya rushing the net is working but there are other things on the ice he sees need improving. Remember this is year 4 of a 5 year plan and the coach expects a certain amount of growth and development each day. Some players can see that vision others can only see their own.
    I won't criticize an individual player, especially since I haven't seen them play this year but if there are guys who can't see Deans vision then move them because there are enough guys in this league and junior A that will buy into it.

broncorep - Lets get a couple of wins this weekend & let Dean do the coaching & we will do the cheering. Go Broncos Go

Exactly right!
    If this is a 4 or 5 year plan then you will not see any of these guys benefitting unless you're a 16yr old rookie, provided that is the game plan has come together. That says that any of these guys that are looking at playing beyond the WHL will have a harder time buying into it unless they are the ones getting the ice time. The Guys that see the WHL as their end goal would be more willing to buy in. Obviously there is not one person on the team that does not want to win, but i think the issues might revolve around contributing more, gaining some recognition, and the future beyond the whl. I believe that even if a player wants to trade he also wants to win. These guys are still young and not giving them the credit they deserve for having a great road trip would leave someone feeling inadequate regardless of how hard they tried. You want growth be positive focus on the positives and reward the positives, dont focus on the negatives. Most athlete's just want to know where they fit in now and not every coach will match every athlete, doesn't mean anyone did anything wrong. You want to build an effective team you build it with people that want to fulfill the roles you have outlined, don't squeeze them into something they don't want to be don't dangle carrots.

Regardless - Everyone wants to win... so plan on winning

Quote Originally Posted by RV@BBB
    If this is a 4 or 5 year plan then you will not see any of these guys benefitting unless you're a 16yr old rookie, provided that is the game plan has come together. That says that any of these guys that are looking at playing beyond the WHL will have a harder time buying into it unless they are the ones getting the ice time. The Guys that see the WHL as their end goal would be more willing to buy in. Obviously there is not one person on the team that does not want to win, but i think the issues might revolve around contributing more, gaining some recognition, and the future beyond the whl. I believe that even if a player wants to trade he also wants to win. These guys are still young and not giving them the credit they deserve for having a great road trip would leave someone feeling inadequate regardless of how hard they tried. You want growth be positive focus on the positives and reward the positives, dont focus on the negatives. Most athlete's just want to know where they fit in now and not every coach will match every athlete, doesn't mean anyone did anything wrong. You want to build an effective team you build it with people that want to fulfill the roles you have outlined, don't squeeze them into something they don't want to be don't dangle carrots.

Regardless - Everyone wants to win... so plan on winning
    Re-read his post he say's this is year 4 of a 5 year plan. Not this is a 4 or 5 year plan. make sense?

I think alot of this is a crock. Some people that don't have a clue just trying to start trouble. We finally have a good team that will make some noise in the east and people want to tear us down. I say don't let them, just enjoy some great hockey this year.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    I think alot of this is a crock. Some people that don't have a clue just trying to start trouble. We finally have a good team that will make some noise in the east and people want to tear us down. I say don't let them, just enjoy some great hockey this year.
    I was thinking the same thing all day today. And to say that this person wants a trade because of the coach, that's to easy. In a city where coaches are like QB's on the Riders, that's just, a way to easy way to stir the pot. I'm not buying it, but I will enjoy some hockey!! Let's go Broncos.
    Always Remembered

6. Default Oops

Sorry for the misread and thanks for pointing that out. I think the broncos have a very strong team this year and it will be great watching them succeed. I just wanted to say that sometimes an athlete might not want the role that they have been given and its understandable. These guys are young and all trying to make a name for themselves and even if someone wants a trade it doesn't mean the end of the world. I wasn't bashing any ideas simply stating a point of view that sometimes gets overlooked. The only thing that matters is playing hockey.

Default Good job Broncoes !!!

This is a Blades fan i just want too congratulate you on your first win on your renovated building, and im also glad that a vet whl team beat a expansion team and show them the roapes haha.

8. Default Got what you wished for

Haha I just thought a dumb topic like this could use some humor. the true fans wanted a win and I think there were a few exclamation marks. As for the trade rumors I don't think its affecting the broncs haha GO BRONCS

Enough talk about the trade rumours for now, theres nothing any of us can do about it anyway, if it happens- it happens, just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride, we're on a roll!!!!!!
    A SEASON OF CHANGE

The boys keep rolling like this and the only trade requests will be coming from players on other teams wanting to come here. Looked great tonight boys do it again against RD tomorrow