Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cougars Fan?

Default goalies

Fans want to be entertainhed for their $. You would think CYR's fight and a goalie that talks to his water bottle would get fans out. Other forums claim it's worth the price of a ticket to see them.

It is natural for the majority of people wanting to support a winner. No one I know likes to lose. I think the key here would be some kind of consistancy rather than the hot one year, ice cold the next and showing not a lot of effort in progressing. Consistantcy in coaching, both head coach and assistant, would be nice too. Maybe with Drew being an old teammate of Dallas, he'll stick around for a while, and make a system here to develop players and not individuals.

I'm not sure if the Brodsky's can do anything here to change people's opinion of them. There is to much history for enough people to 'forgive and forget'. Supporting the season ticket holders, supporting the boys on the team, and doing good business and marketing decisions are needed. Visibility in the community is a must. If you want people to notice you, you have to get out there, in the papers, TV and radio, and grab some attention. A little bonus would be to send out free kids tickets to the elementary schools. If you can get some kids interested, chances are the parents will go to the games as well. The tickets right now aren't being sold, so a couple hundred freebees aren't going to hurt the bottom line.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Default More games like tonight...

Win or lose more people will start to come around if it is consistent.

One of the best games I have seen in ages, very entertaining.

Default Interesting

PG isn't the only team with attendance problems and similar complaints.

I was just so disappointed to see such a negative reply, seemingly dripping with venom, after I was on such a high from the team's success here (out East).

Let's face it, hockey is a business, why don't these teams put a little effort into marketing and promoting their "product". (Heh, I watch The Apprentice ) Especially the Brodskys, it's not like they are new at this "game". I don't know the history, but I can use my imagination. You don't need a business degree to know that you need to treat your client well to keep them coming back through the doors.

Oh well. The team won again tonight, I guess it's up to them to pique people's interest again.
    For What It's Worth