Thread: thank you pg

Default thank you pg

thanks pg a job well done thank you very much!

Coug fans must be pretty ticked off missing the playoffs, too bad.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Well. from what I heard on the radio it was a fairly good game until Kamloops got that shorty in the third. That just blew everything they had as a game plan out of the water. Its to bad to because it sure looked like the Blazers were playing for the tie and not the win to that point. Doesn't matter really. It was the Blazers LAST win of the 04-05 season anyway.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Too bad for the Coug fans, but I think your GM Thompson really screwed up at the trade deadline time. He made trades on the defense to get tougher, but it made them slower.

Watching the Cougs in Kelowna it was painfully obvious to watch how slow the Coug defense was. Trojovsky a 20 yr old was brutal, finishing -19 and Rogers -9?

I guess you guys still have the Spruce Kings!

so what is the problem in pg is it ownership, management, or coaching although this has been going on for some time I would have to rule out the coach, One thing I can say when pg comes to kamloops they tend to be some of the most boring games if they play like that at home then I can see why the fans do not show up.

kelownakarl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scamperdog
    so what is the problem in pg is it ownership, management, or coaching although this has been going on for some time I would have to rule out the coach, One thing I can say when pg comes to kamloops they tend to be some of the most boring games if they play like that at home then I can see why the fans do not show up.
    A winning Jr A team is probably more entertaining then a losing WHL team..... My guess.

Well....I see the biggest problems being the GM and the scouting here. Dalas just isn't the right guy to be a full fleged GM. He doesn't have the NHL or semi pro contacts that you need to do the job. Contacts give you inside info, and to a certain extent free scouting. A freind will tell you a more honest opinion of a player that a stat sheet or relying on someone elses info.

Our head scout should have been canned years ago. If any of you guys know one of your teams scouts ask him about Russ Smart and you'll see what I mean. The guys has lucked out and drafted some good talent, but not consistantly enough to make a go of it. As an example Smart drafted Brett Parker and Rick Kozak before (and completely ignoring his own lower scouts) Phaneuf, Getzlaf and Dawes. Granted other teams didn't get these guys either (Dawes was a 5th rounder that surprised everyone).

For the most part I see to much interference from the GM on who plays and who sits. I don't know how well Rogers played in Calgary (never saw him) but he hs been nothing less than brutal here. Could be the guys he had been teamed up with, but come on, play either the man or the puck. Don't let the guy in to the low slot before you decide what to do.

OK....I', running on at the mouth here now so I'll stop. If you have any other questions feel free, but I think I gave a fair coverage of the problems in PG, at least in my opinion.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    I don't know how well Rogers played in Calgary (never saw him) but he hs been nothing less than brutal here.
    I forget who you gave up to get Rogers, but at least you have him for another year? Troyofsky (bad spelling) is gone now and did nothing for the Cougs from what I seen.

Scouting in this league at times is a crap shoot, drafting 15 year old is tough. Kelowna fans wanted Head Scout and Asst GM Lorn Frey canned in the early days. The Rockets drafted big for the Memorial Arena and couldn't get alot of scoring. When they moved to Prospera they went with speed and it has worked. Sure like to get more scoring, but have to settle with what we got.

Cougs are always in tough, alot of young players don't want the Cougs travel schedule. They probly spend twice as much time on the bus than the Rockets do.

It will be interesting to see if Brosky makes changes, the arena isn't as full as it use to be!

hitmen20 Guest

Default Rogers

Kisio STOLE Dylan Yeo for Rogers. Great pick-up. Yeo's built like a brick ****house, and plays more like he's 6-4 rather than the 5-11 he's listed at. Great bodychecking ability, he's rocked his fair share of a few forwards in the corners. Great on ice vision & anticipation. Does his job in the defensive zone first. Solid. He's the darkhorse of the 3-for-3 swap.

Rogers has potential. He's a smooth skater, good defensive positioning. He has a heavy shot but didn't use it very often. Some nites he was a aggressive physical force, other nites, he would blow a gasket. Unfortunately, he was also injury-prone as he's had a couple long-term ankle injuries the last couple of seasons. A long-term project for the Lightning?? They must have seen something to take him 1st round, 30th overall. hockeyfutures.com has him pegged as the 3rd highest prospect in the TB system.

well hopefully next year you make the playoffs and we can have kelowna watching the big show