Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clarke fired

Quote Originally Posted by hobster
    I hate too say but the Warriors kind of ripped you guys a new ass hole on that deal for Ellerby today, expecially when he's like Dion Phanuef allready.
    In 254 WHL games with Red Deer, Phaneuf had 64 goals, 82 assists for 146 points, 554 Penalty minutes, and was +75.

In 213 WHL games with Kamloops, Ellerby had 4 goals, 30 assists for 34 points, 347 penalty minutes, and was -18.

He is an ok defenseman, but he couldn't carry Phaneuf's jockstrap.

My god you couldn't see my sarcaism on that deal i was just saying that because thats how warrior fans seem too be treating it

Personally I'd be happy if my team got an NHL 1st round top 15 pick player of any kind. It was no fluke that scouts loved this kid! Hes only 18, he will be in Moose Jaw next year and he sure is not going to hurt the team any thats for sure!! Holzapfel & Ellerby are 2 quality NHL prospects!

Ellerby and Holzapfel will both not be back next season ,there bot signed .

Quote Originally Posted by hobster
    Ellerby and Holzapfel will both not be back next season ,there bot signed .
    Holzapfel won't be back, but you have got to be kidding about Ellerby, he is in his 18 year old season buddy, there is virtually a 0% chance of Ellerby staying in the NHL next year.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

guys settle down, ellerby is a 88 born which makes him a 19 yr old this season, chances are he and holzy will not be back next yr and if ellerby comes back we have about 7 19 yr olds on our roster.. holzy, ellerby, knackstedt, stanton, ward, and grantham. likily will be some more deals either at the trade deadline or in the off season. they are both keepers i mean holzy and ellerby but no one is holding their breathes on their returns next yr...

and let me just go on the record as saying i have read all the moose jaw fans posts, and not one has mentioned or compared ellerby to phanouf , hobster you brought it up. the bottom line here guys we as a organization havre a ligit dman now , something we havent had in a while , and our team has a improved aton. come on anyone of you guys would be just excited as us warrior fans, give us a break here . and lets not get out of hand and put pressure and comparisons to ellerby , no one knows but him and the warrior coaching staff what we will get out of him.....

Quote Originally Posted by wardog fan
    and let me just go on the record as saying i have read all the moose jaw fans posts, and not one has mentioned or compared ellerby to phanouf , hobster you brought it up. the bottom line here guys we as a organization havre a ligit dman now , something we havent had in a while , and our team has a improved aton. come on anyone of you guys would be just excited as us warrior fans, give us a break here . and lets not get out of hand and put pressure and comparisons to ellerby , no one knows but him and the warrior coaching staff what we will get out of him.....
    Your getting a guy with a lot of talent, I would say he is not going to rack up a lot of points for you, but should be solid on the blue line, I really believe a change of teams is the best thing that could happen to Ellerby, he was the crowds whippin boy here and that does not help any kid, and why would you want to play hard for a team when the crowd cheers that your a healthy scratch for a game, he is blamed for a lot of the on ice problems here, right or wrong, that will soon be answered, but I would like to see him show kamloops that we were wrong in how we judged his play.

I don't know why 2 differant Brandon fans thought Ellerby was 18, come on and give your heads a shake man oh man.

It would be possible for Ellerby to play two and a half more seasons in the dub, no? It won't happen but that is truue isn't it. Doesn't that mean that he is an 18? 19 on the calender!