Thread: P.G. Going to Edmonton?

Iconwhl P.G. Going to Edmonton?

Has anyone heard that rumer?, I know the attendence is low there.But I also know that P.G. could be a great hockey town with a little more promotion of the team..Comments?? :skeptical
    He Shoots... He Scores!!

Quite honestly I doubt the team is going anywhere. This year anyway. In hearing Brodsky on different talk shows, and in the local paper, he seems real high on having a team here and doesn't give the impression that he wants to move it.

That being said I do believe there will have to be changes made, both in management and on the ice. Promos have to improve, marketing has to get tougher, and most importantly, the on ice product has to improve. I do think that next season will show a big steps forward on the ice, and with that the rest will fall into place. Next year looks to be a pretty young team, and most of the older players that had to long under Dempsey will be gone. Watching almost every home game this year I can say that IMHO its the youth on this team that is going to shine. This year's 19yo's just didn't seem to buy into the systems that were being but in place. They couldn't/wouldn't play them and the whole thing fell apart. These guys will be gone, and the ones that want to be here to play will carry this team forward.

I say the future looks pretty bright for this team next year, and for the next couple.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Default Thanks Sput for your opinion

And good luck next year..I will be looking for ya!!
    He Shoots... He Scores!!

I can't see the Cougs to Edmonton, maybe one of the prairie team to Edmonton but not PG!
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

kelownakarl Guest

Yes I have a feeling they are up in PG for good.

I'm not so sure as talk is the travel to PG is the biggest problem. Much like in TRi, don't believe everything the owner says until its over. no owner wants to or will say anything bad about the town/city he's in until a sure fire deal is made to move. sponsorship proves that.
    Drop the Puck

Well Rebel66...most teams only have to travel here once, maybe twice a year. BC teams, as wella s US teams always play double headers here, cutting down their travel. It is this team that has the horrible travel sched. It was just in the paper today that Brodsky doesn't want to move the team to anywhere. He talked about changes coming for next year to hopefully get more people to the games. I'd hate to see the day when geography plays the role in whether or not a team is moved.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!