Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hard Work Pays Off...Finally!

Default Nailed it

TwoBits you nailed it and Heaven forbid Cyr does his caring for another team and stops another 44! Yes he has let some soft ones in but if you are looking for perfection look for another team. 9 losses in a row and we have provided every excuse there is

If they lose tonight I think we could expect some "shake up" news on Monday. They need to do something.
    For What It's Worth

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    If they lose tonight I think we could expect some "shake up" news on Monday. They need to do something.
    I agree TwoBits, it's time for a shake up. I'm a little worried as to what form this shake up may go though. Sometimes common sense doesn't always prevail.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    I agree TwoBits, it's time for a shake up. I'm a little worried as to what form this shake up may go though. Sometimes common sense doesn't always prevail.
    Me too.
    For What It's Worth

Default You're loyal, I'll give you that

Ragging on Cyr is going to get me nowhere with this crowd. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or a bank robber or something...HE'S HAVING A BAD YEAR. Not the end of the world but it's true. This also doesn't mean he's a quitter.

Also didn't mean to attack any of the Saskatchewan folks. It's just tough to take sometimes when you all have rose colored glasses to look at one of the players through. I've put out yet another $1000 this year for seasons tickets (up to about $14k now over the years). You guys wonder why no one cares and why the attendance is so low, well if you've followed Cyr during his time here you'll know that last year was the exception, and this year is more the norm. Gee, I can imagine how positive you'd all be after 15 years of this.

Hey, knock yourself out Smiley. Vent all you want. That's what the forum is for, just don't cry when you get a quick retort from the west.

Why don't you fill us in more. We would love to talk about some of the other players for a change and hear first hand what you see out on the ice. Some guys on the other forums even give their take after each game, I'd love that!!!! It's really hard to get a proper feel from the media reports alone. We have to read between the lines a lot.

We wouldn't abandon Puckmam, uh I mean, the PG fan forum.

Oh, and one more thing. We aren't huge fans of Cyr only because he's a nice guy. I see him sprinting past my house every day in the summer so I know how hard he works and how dedicated he is to this game.

Friends? (Victoire greeting)

Note: Smiley deleted his original post which I replied to, that's why some of my comments seem a little out there.
    Last edited by TwoBits; 11-24-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Smiley changed his post
    For What It's Worth

Default Bad year

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones
    Ragging on Cyr is going to get me nowhere with this crowd. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or a bank robber or something...HE'S HAVING A BAD YEAR. Not the end of the world but it's true. This also doesn't mean he's a quitter.

Also didn't mean to attack any of the Saskatchewan folks. It's just tough to take sometimes when you all have rose colored glasses to look at one of the players through. I've put out yet another $1000 this year for seasons tickets (up to about $14k now over the years). You guys wonder why no one cares and why the attendance is so low, well if you've followed Cyr during his time here you'll know that last year was the exception, and this year is more the norm. Gee, I can imagine how positive you'd all be after 15 years of this.
    I.ve watched and cringed too as Cyr has let in some soft goals but when the frustrations go on one player I stand up. You have made valid points and yes Cyr is having a bad year but the team is far from what it was last year.

They need some sort of a shake up. One win is great but it's a mountain they have yet to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Hey, knock yourself out Smiley. Vent all you want. That's what the forum is for, just don't cry when you get a quick retort from the west.

We wouldn't abandon Puckmam, uh I mean, the PG fan forum.

Talking Let Me Find Those Darn Glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones

It's not that we have rose colored glasses at all. I have reliable information when I say CYR is not the scapegoat. Sure, we all know he is having a rough year, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that out. What I'm saying is that this young man puts his team first, where several of the other COUGARS do not. You will not find a harder working, more dedicated player ANYWHERE in the WHL. His off ice regiment in the summer would make your head spin. I se it first hand, everday. He comes to the rink everyday expecting to play well and win. You don't think he is disgusted with himself and his team mates? He knows full well that he and his entire team are uneracheiving. If he could, he play forward/defence/goalie all himself if he knew it would spark his team. Right now, there are way too many passenges on that team and are not buying into what the coaching staff is teaching. Real is NOT one of them, trust me on that one. Perhaps those disinterested players should stay home after the X-mas break and do us all a favor. BTW, do not take this as a scolding, I really enjoy hearing about the team's plights from someone who sees the games live. Keep your synopsis coming. We enjoy them here in the west!

Default SmileyJones and Puckmam

You two PGer's seem to be the only two to give a darn about this team on this forum. You two should make a couple of big signs about whlfans.ca and dispaly them at the next home game. It would be fun to have others to talk/argue with.