Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nov 29 Giants 3 Cougars 4 SO

Default Quit it Now!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Well, I guess somebody has to be happy. They must still be mopping up their tears in Vancouver, nobody has anything to say about us Saskatchewians invading their forum.
    Hey, quit trying to stir up trouble you two!
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Ok fine GO RIDERS GO LIONS SUCK haha

Default Ok

OK, I just think my Goon designation momentarily went to my head. I'll go back to the PG forum. Peace punk rock
    Last edited by TwoBits; 11-30-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    For What It's Worth

rinkrat Guest

Wow,quite the intillectual hockey discussion going on here.
    Hopefully this doesn't turn into the White board. This place has been a great site for a few years and getting better.
    Thanks to the Mods and HAF

beautiful responses boys - class all the way (oh btw congrats to the Green Riders I always love watching the Roughies in the Grey Cup - I was hoping for a bit more from both teams as the game was not what you would call a classic.. more of a win by default, but I have no problem with either squad)

-- btw WLF my button-pushing post was more to make you realize how silly you were being about one stray comment -- didn't realize the Coug fans had such thin skins and to be brutally honest -- I personally hate the Leaves (plural of Leaf is Leaves), especially since their fans think they are the centre of the hockey universe and they haven't done anything since the league expanded from six teams -- so I try to needle Leaf fans whenever I can.

... sure we lost a game in a shootout and we were shutout the last time we were up in PG, not sure why you guys have our number in PG, but you seem to this season .. we are still the top of the BC division although distressingly sagging a bit lately, but I trust the boys will pull up the socks and end up at or near the top of the conference come playoff time.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Unhappy Sorry Dondo!

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    beautiful responses boys - class all the way (oh btw congrats to the Green Riders I always love watching the Roughies in the Grey Cup - I was hoping for a bit more from both teams as the game was not what you would call a classic.. more of a win by default, but I have no problem with either squad)

-- btw WLF my button-pushing post was more to make you realize how silly you were being about one stray comment -- didn't realize the Coug fans had such thin skins and to be brutally honest -- I personally hate the Leaves (plural of Leaf is Leaves), especially since their fans think they are the centre of the hockey universe and they haven't done anything since the league expanded from six teams -- so I try to needle Leaf fans whenever I can.

... sure we lost a game in a shootout and we were shutout the last time we were up in PG, not sure why you guys have our number in PG, but you seem to this season .. we are still the top of the BC division although distressingly sagging a bit lately, but I trust the boys will pull up the socks and end up at or near the top of the conference come playoff time.
    Had I known that I would stir up this much contoversy with one lttle reply to a somewhat backhanded comment, I'd have steered clear of this forum. I apologize for coming across as anything but a devoted hockey fan. I probably over-reacted to the "bottom feeding" comment. A lengthy losing streak can do that! As far as taking heat for being happy that the COUGARS are capable of scratching out a win from time to time I do not apolgize. It just happened to be the GIANTS the other night. My skin is a thick as it comes, it has to be, have you noticed where the LEAFS are in the standings?!? Let's get back to discussing hockey!

true enough WLF -- feel free to drop by and post here -- I'd love to know how the game actually went in PG ... we all are just fans and at times rabid.

Bottom-feeding was not meant as a personal slight just an observation, and also when I write recaps I often use volatile language to get a reaction (which it did).

The beauty of this site is that it isn't filled with spammers and trolls and although we definitely need a decided difference of opinion (cause where's the fun be in agreeing all the time) I let my Leaf feelings push me a bit too far .. so I will back away from the slam and apologize.

and about your skin -- yes I have and -- touche
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up Nice One!

Classy comment dondo! Thanks. And the invitation to comment in the PG forum is open as well. As far as the LEAF jabs, I've heard them all buddy! I can dish em' out as well as I can take them, so definitely no hard feelings over that.