Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade

Quote Originally Posted by WHL Crazy
    Brennan Sonne will be going to Swifty....That is the only player I know to be involved right now.
    Interesting... He didn't play tonight for red deer... Healthy scratch? or injured?

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    I'll give Shenn credit. A 16yo stepping up to fight Weise and held his own very well.
    I was away and haven't seen the game yet, why did they fight?

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    Weise caught Glennie with his head down, and Schenn took offense. It was a pretty good tilt actually, I would call it a draw, alot of shots were exchanged. Schenn sure showed alot of courage in going after Weise though, Weise is a tough 19 year old, and for a 16 YO, to instigate a fight like that shows alot of courage.

*Glennie did leave the game though, I thought he may have had another concussion at first, but he did return thankfully, he did recieve a huge hit.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

4. Default scratches

sonne just got to red deer would they move him already? and who were the scratches for swifty? healthy or injured?

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    Glennie was caught with his dead down on a clearing pass and Wiese absolutely hammered him. Shenn, to his credit, went after Wiese and gave him all that he could handle.A pretty spirited tilt that I would call a draw.
    Glennie left the game with a couple of minutes left in the second and did not return until after the third started. Not sure exactly what time he came back but he was not on the bench to start the third.
    Schenn got 2 for instigating, FIVE FOR FIGHTING and a 10 minute misconduct. Broncos scored on the ensuing powerplay and Shenn was out of the game until there was about 5 minutes left in the third. It was nearly the turning point of the game as the Broncos went hard for the egualizer.
    Overall a vergood effort by the Broncos with a depleted line up. But hats off to Brandon as they weathered the storm and sealed the game on a nice individual effort by Ditmer near the end of the third.

I'm not sure why the would want Sonne. Looking at his stats, they aren't that impressive. http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24545
    At 5'10, 179 lbs he's not a heavyweight. Can anyone shine some light on this guy?

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

7. Thumbs down why red deer?

looking over the roster for red deer they seem to have a young defense and they look like they are prepping for next year with their forwards. Thats if you're playing the age game. Sonne doesnt look like he would be a benefit for swifty unless it was a 3 way deal with someone else. Since swifty's defence seems to be lacking as of late I don't think their concern should be acquiring a heavy weight the team would benefit more from a more consistent defenceman. Its not a matter of another team slowing down their offence. I can't understand why they would be looking for a player from rd. 38 GA and 36 GF (avg 3 gf and 3.17 ga) with a 4-8 record for november. IMO this says swifty needs a defenceman says it should be closer to a 50/50 record not 1/3. The majority of rd def. is in their first season and the best +/- is a zero who's playing his first year.

I don't see Sonne coming here he is a 20 and if we are going to get a 20 I think it would have to be a Dman. I am thinking a Goaling and a Dman. Louis, Reimer/Clarke.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

9. Thumbs down boo

i think a trade involving louis would be a mistake. He's -10 and although hes big he isn't a heavy weight 23 pims. if that was the case youd have to assume it would be louis/reimer for larochelle/curtis. Since they obviously wouldn't give up their other 20 yr olds. I think swifty loses on that one.

12112 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD
    I am thinking Watt or Mark Louis both would add some severe toughness. and either Goaltender Reimer or Clarke. Clarke has outplayed Reimer this year, and was word around Red Deer one was going to be moved. A back up goalie for yonks and a tough power forward in Watt or a solid Dman in Louis.
    You beat me to it scout.
    How about a blockbuster. Sutter, Louis/Watt, Reimer and a pick.. Curtis, Nelson, Larochelle, mcAvoy

Theres a very slim chance watt will be traded as the trade from van to red deer was im sure all Sutter making sure his players are in good hands and what better hands then your bros right?