Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I BLAME THE RADIO ANNOUNCER ( not the color guy though he is great )

Hybrid View

Default I BLAME THE RADIO ANNOUNCER ( not the color guy though he is great )

Very nice after losing a few games our Radio guy wants to blame the Marketing Dept. Well I blame the loss on the Radio Announcer. He should be doing more to get the guys going during the pregame interviews. Sounds dumb doesn't it. So does blaming the marketing dept when you know nothing about the situation. Going to 22 rinks does not make you an AUTHORITY on the subject. We all want more to be done but where is this money going to come from. They just dont have the resources that Saskatoon does with 8 marketing directors and a staff of 70 people for game day. We have 2 in total. Huge difference. Our Radio Guy should know better than to post something as stupid as that. When you cant stand be called out for your job do not call out other people esp. when they are working for THE SWIFT CURRENT BRONCOS. Whose team are you on man?

I am not a worker for the Broncos just a fan who loves this team and I am pissed off that someone post stupid crap like that.

Default clown

To get this straight it is the marketing department's fault that the Broncos have a bunch of injuries and came out with an awful opening period against Kootenay?

Does anyone else agree with this clown?

Making a rink tough to play in begins and ends with the performance by the home team on the ice and not with build a burger promotions or fireworks at centre ice.

The Broncos are having a real tough time right now, lets not make it worse by panicking and start blaming the marketing staff, the zamboni driver, etc. as some tend to do.

Get serious. The marketing dept. has done nothing this year. The only promotions going on are the ones from last year. There is nothing going on and sponsorship seems to have dropped. Nothing is happening inside or outside the rink to get people excited. They seem to think that the new renos will bring people in, but that only lasts a few games and the renos seemed to have stalled. No new giveaways, no numbers called from the program. Why buy one, most fans already know who wears which number. The publicity is pretty much nonexsistant. Even Charlie horse hardly even bangs the drum anymore.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Angry Once AGAIN........

Im tired of saying the same old thing every thread, so from now on, I am just going to put an angry face on my post whenever swift does the opposite of my predictions...

Going on 5 in a row now(that I can recall)

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    Get serious. The marketing dept. has done nothing this year. The only promotions going on are the ones from last year. There is nothing going on and sponsorship seems to have dropped. Nothing is happening inside or outside the rink to get people excited. They seem to think that the new renos will bring people in, but that only lasts a few games and the renos seemed to have stalled. No new giveaways, no numbers called from the program. Why buy one, most fans already know who wears which number. The publicity is pretty much nonexsistant. Even Charlie horse hardly even bangs the drum anymore.
    O I am serious. Where is the money going to come from for these fancy thing you want. And obviously you havent heard much as the last month about 10 numbers are being called from the programs. The marketing group is doing the best they can with the resources they have. They have a budget and they cant go over it. For them to be called out freakin ridiculous and competely ignorant.

10 numbers in a month? Wow! And they just put speakers up in my end so maybe thats why I haven't heard any. But still, 10 in the last 8 games? And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the prizes donated by businesses in lieu of advertising? I realize they have a budget, but they haven't done anything this year, or at least less then they did last year. Sounds like a lack of imagination to me, not money.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    10 numbers in a month? Wow! And they just put speakers up in my end so maybe thats why I haven't heard any. But still, 10 in the last 8 games? And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the prizes donated by businesses in lieu of advertising? I realize they have a budget, but they haven't done anything this year, or at least less then they did last year. Sounds like a lack of imagination to me, not money.
    First I meant 10 per game. Second The sponsors have to be on board for the intermissions promotions instand giveaways and all that stuff. If they want the same as last year thats what they do as the give the money. And in a small market the money just is not there and the meaning of the post was to prove a point that this is stupid to discuss and our radio guy should know better. I guess once a jerk always a jerk. He has ripped people and and shut them our for doing this exact same thing. When someone calls him out at his job he gets pissed off and he has the audacity to do the exact same thing is shameful.

Bucking Bronco Guest

I agree with you Suckitup, it's not just a matter of the marketing department deciding what they want to do, and it happens. It always comes down to money & board approval. I know for a fact, the new marketing guy has had some great ideas for them only to be shot down by the board because of money or the board is justso outdated they don't realize how great the ideas were. And O, i'm guessing you were #1 signed up for teh last 2 fan buses that didn't go that the marketing department organized? Since you're so concerned...

Default marketing wins games

Still don't understand how marketing departments win games for WHL teams.

By the way folks we don't have a marketing staff we have one person.

Last year's attendance for Teddy Bear Toss - 1697
    This year's - 1908

So why are we calling out this year's crew?

When was the best attendance and the rink toughest to play in?

Late 80's and early 90's, right!

SO the promotions then were two big blue dice and the board in front of the net with a hole smaller then a puck. SO should we bring them back to help the current Broncos?

Can't think of the last time I heard someone say they would come to a Bronco game if only there were better promotions. I've never seen anyone catch a yellow squishy puck and proclaim, "I am buying season tickets for next year!"

Was the marketing position not open to anyone to apply? Why didn't all the marketing geniuses, that apparently are also Bronco fans, apply for it and prove that there is a way to sell out the rink, create a tough atmosphere to play in, and make buckets of money for the team to use in future promotions?

Default wow stick boy

First of all the time frame you mentioned was 15 to 20 years ago.Also marketing does play a roll in winning as does all aspects of running a franchise or any bussiness It is thinking like that which becomes dangerous and very very old school,say you are not on the board are you??/