Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I BLAME THE RADIO ANNOUNCER ( not the color guy though he is great )

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    Are you asking me if i'm on the board or another poster? If the question was for me, no i am not on the board just a fan like the rest of you.

Scout
    Going by the top of his message I believe he was talking to stick boy.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Default weighing in..

I have been reading the comments back and forth about this for the last little while and thought i'd wiegh in on it as well. It is kind of funny how the fans, and everyone really look at picking at something once the Broncos head south a bit in the standings.
    I too have been waiting for the..."fire the coach" call because they've lost so much lately.
    The funny thing is that if you look at the Broncos fan base...the ones who come to the games time and time again..it is aging. Even in the past couple of years, the Broncos have introduced new ideas and promotions to try and make the game a fun place to be. The younger fans love it when Charlie jumps on the boards, or you make a fool out of someone on the ice by dressing them up in a burger suit (etc.). The older fans like to clap their hands to "Thank God i'm a country boy" or yell at the coach and the ref no matter what is going on in the game. If you play too much dance music or hard rock, you get complaints, if you play too much country , you get complaints. it wouldn't matter much WHAT the marketing dept. does to try and make it a fun time (which I agree they have to do what they CAN to keep it fun).
    The Broncos sat in first place......fans sat on their hands in the rink......the Broncos made SWEET goals.....fans stood, cheered, and then sat on their hands.....
    you can talk about attendance all you want......but the numbers include season tickets that have been sold, plus walk ups...plus game night staff i think.....you count the ACTUAL bodies in the arena and I GAURANTEE it doesn't match.
    So what do you do? Drop prices? nope, lose money!
    hold big events and game night promos? maybe....but would take A LOT of time and patience (not to mention money) and may or may not have an effect.
    realize that the community is SMALL? ( well there's a start !)
    another.....hey, all of you saying things need to be done .....BRING AFRIEND OR TWO to the game ! one that normally doesn't go
    another....all of you who gripe and complain that something needs to be done......cheer ! not just when the score...but start the wave,a chant, anything, and keep trying...fun is catchy !!!! ask the Riders !
    for years the Riders have SUCKED !! but fans go and have fun ! I have been to the rider games and they do pretty much NOTHING to get the fans excited...they do it themselves and it eventually catches fever.
    be a leader....not a complainer ! Jordan and Tracey have to be in suits for the games...so they aren't really allowed to start the Go Broncos Go chant !
    Stop making fun of the guys who sit behind the Broncos bench who DO cheer! STOP looking at them like they are from Mars and join in !!!!

I've gone on much too long, and could add and add and add.......but the point is, don't blame one guy...blame all yourselves....everyone hides on this site and gives their opinion but what do you really go out and do to change things? I give Jon props for saying " i'm Jon Keen, and this is what I think" ..whether he's right or wrong is irrelevent.

You made some very good points here Believer. I agree the marketing people are not to blame for this but the fans themselves. One thing that i don't like is if the kids make any type of noise or are jittery, the seurity guys are all over them telling them to sit down. Lighten up and let the kids make noise and have fun.

Well I said I was done but with this current argument going on I have to come out of retirement for a short while. Some very good points have been made here. Some very harsh statements as well. When someone works close with the team I dont feel the internet is the right place for the comments made about the atmosphere of our Rink. Whether intentionally or not ( and i doubt it was done intentionally) some feel they were directed towards the marketing dept. I know it does not say that but what other conlculsion do we take? But that is just my opionon Should we be debating what we need to improve. Yes.

I used to stand behind the visitors net and cheer till i could not speak the next day. Lost my voice on probably 32 out of 36 home games. Me and my buddies were treated like we were outkasts for it. Thats why we stopped. I got tired of the stares and rolling eyes. We have to ecourage people esp young people to have a good time. We have a great team and a great office staff who all need our support right now. They cant do everything themselves, they are only human. LETS GET OUT THERE ON TUESDAY AND MAKE SOME NOISE. ITS TIME FOR THE LEAGUE TO FEAR THE BUTTERFLY ( sorry switz I had to steal that line )
    Last edited by transplantedbronco; 12-03-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: to add
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

agrees "Transplanted" but what has happened is that they got to you....the fans that get "upset" over cheering that is. More people need the Dave Meyers attitude (hats off to this guy and his crew as well) who go to the game and are loud and proud and do not really care what people think. But that is what happens, people give up as they are tired of being looked at. THAT there is the small town mentality here is Swifty. It is a great place to live and great place for a family, but it hasn't changed it's ways in years! and most likely won't unless a bunch of younger people ( by that I mean the under 40 crowd) start livin a little at these games. Then, at least if the team gets blown out one night, WHO CARES!!!!! We had fun !!! the players feed off of the energy...which...in turn...they starve from the lack of it.
    I don't care what people say....it IS NOT going to get more lively in that rink just cause the team is winnign. THey HAVE been winning, and quite frankly are still well in the hunt for first ! It's up to the fans to take this team in their hearts and get behind them. Cheer. Cheer loud...and cheer often.
    Back to the marketing dept.....they can do all they can with the money they are given, it still isn't going to change the older crowds ! There has been a few good things over the past years.....the light show, the air cannon, the expansion, the beer in tha stands....beer girls! ( wait, they're gone ) . and when the expansion is done i'm sure the broncos marketing dept will get back to putting on a show. Maybe it's time the town (yeah I said town) starts yelling at the powers that be to get the rink done. ! I haven't been to a game for a bit but I assume the renos are still sorta have way finished (sorry if i'm wrong) . Then at least the light show, goal lights adn fog machines can be used again.

For the love of god, no wave....I hate the wave

I wish I could have said I dont care, but when you are older and you get into business all that has an effect. Its sad to say but for business sake I had to change a bit and maybe I changed to far. I still do my part and maybe I should do more. We need all of us to get into the game. We need a noise maker night. Who cares what the other people think. Actually scrap that every night will be noise maker night for this guy. Security wont be able to take it out of my hands.

And if all goes well all the renos can be near done by the time we get back to hockey on DEC 28. They seem to have halted recently. After XMAS break it can be a fresh start for everyone.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

ki17 Guest

[QUOTE=SuckItUp]. The league could care less about small market teams. Ask the marketing guys what the difference in league marketing dollars are between Swift and Calgary. We end up with like 2% of the Leauge Sponsors. QUOTE]
    Just out of curiousity how do you know they only get 2% of League Sponsorship monies. Lets see the stats.
    Look at the big picture here - some teams don't have big budgets to do anything at all, some of large (obviously the bigger markets have more money, but some teams aren't given a budget to do anything with.
    Like the saying of everyone is a ref, everyone also thinks they know how to do other peoples jobs better than the people doing them but unless you know the entire situation and working environment and the restraints on them you really have nothing to say.
    I agree the Jon stepping over the line to a degree - it could have been written better and come across much more friendly instead of attacking the Marketing Dept when you don't know fulling what is going on behind the doors.

And if there is this much discussion then I ask: as a fan, what are you doing at the game? or are you the 'silent' fan that just sits there and nothing anyone can do can get you out of your seat and make you cheer?

Just my two cents.

I agree with you believer, everybody needs to pull together to improve. It's nobodies fault but everybodies problem. I love how this got into a trash Keen because his words got twisted into trashing the marketing dept.

While on the subject of marketing, I think they need to do more to sell the team. With this day of new technology, the website needs an overhaul. Check out this link http://www.scbroncos.com/sponsors/sponsoropps.php (or main page --> Marketing Options) Nyhagen has been gone since March. With sattelite, mp3s and streaming radio not alot of people listen to local radio anymore, and I couldn't tell you how many read the local papers. The website is one tool that most people have access to, especially the younger target audience which they need to pull in, and it is already set up so it shouldn't cost more money to update it.

If you want the i-plex to be a tough rink for the opposition to come into it starts with the fans. The talent is on the ice this season the guys need to feed off the energy of the fans. How do you get butts in the seats? What keeps people away from the rink? I have heard this time and time again and have even heard Moberg address it. People say they love the team and they are big supporters and listen to every game on the radio. Yep even all the home games! At home! Gee thanks for being there.
    No knock on Keen and Switzer but anyone ever think that broadcasting home games when the rink is empty, has no atmosphere, etc. isn't exactly helping the cause. The Eagle does a great job but at what expense. Let's say even 100 people stay home each game that's a potential $1600 lost in ticket sales.
    Over 36 homes games that could amount to $57,600. What does the Eagle pay for broadcast rights?
    Perhaps the organization takes away a "free" alternative to attending the game and forces some of those butts into the seats.