Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Myles Stoesz the real deal????

Default Is Myles Stoesz the real deal????

Lets face it........he was a little bit of a spot picker to start the season.......but as the season has progressed he has obviously started to build his confidence up, and has started to take on the ranked guys in the Conf.
    It is easy for a kid 6-8 230 lbs. (Emmerson, Chara) to come into the league and try to make a name for himself by taking on the heavyweights. On the other hand a 6-2 180 pounder (Stoesz, Graf) will find himself out weighed and out experianced taking on heavyweights at this level.
    Like Mike Boyle said last night after the Stoesz/Hewitt fight "no one is going to want to mess with this kid when he's 19" and I totally agree.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

upper level fan Guest

You aint going to hear no argument from me. I think in two years he will be the force to reckon with in the league. People seem to forget that he's only 17 and as i have said before he will only win out right about half of his fights this year, but he's definatly got a outstanding looking fight card. I dont care what anybody says he definatly aint a no talent hack. I see at least 10-15 goals next year for him, because im sure they will put him on a line with two top scorers next year so he can protect him. Just like they did last year with putting Desuantels on the line with Klassen and Schell. I could see the line with Stoesz, Brutton, and Horwath next year doing great things. And that would be a high scoring third line next year.

I agree.......one thing that proves that guys take him seriously is that the top heavyweights DO fight him. Emmerson tried to take on Desautels their last game here and Jevon just laughed him off. Just like Boogaards fight card NOBODY takes him seriously.

Another kid to watch is Matt McCue, it's really too bad that he's lost so many games with the broken leg, because he was improving every game he played.

I agree we'll see Stoesz become a feared guy in the league, just like Desautels.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

speedkills Guest

Default He is...

Totally agree...not only will Stoezs be a 'feared' guy in two years but I also see us having a seriously scary checking line that can score in the years to come. Then, add to that how fast and skilled some of the other guys are and this team could be REAL FUN to watch the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by speedkills
    Totally agree...not only will Stoezs be a 'feared' guy in two years but I also see us having a seriously scary checking line that can score in the years to come. Then, add to that how fast and skilled some of the other guys are and this team could be REAL FUN to watch the next few years.
    I agree that will be a scary checking line even next year. I'm really looking forward to the next few years.

upper level fan Guest

Call me stupid, but i can see Stoesz having 15 goals next year and Horwath having about 25. I dont know just watching those two play and seeing how much they both improve every time they step on the ice. I think Stoeaz will have less penalty minutes next year than he does this year. I think he will pick his spots more and less people will want anything to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by upper level fan
    Call me stupid, but i can see Stoesz having 15 goals next year and Horwath having about 25. I dont know just watching those two play and seeing how much they both improve every time they step on the ice. I think Stoeaz will have less penalty minutes next year than he does this year. I think he will pick his spots more and less people will want anything to do with him.
    I think his penalty minutes have to drop next year. If his goal totals go up the Coach (who ever that might be ) would be crazy to let him sit in the box all the time, but then again he might not have to fight as much anyway.....if Jason Lynch steps up and McCue and Reich continue the rough play they seem to enjoy.

upper level fan Guest

Did you see that fight with Hewitt that they posted on the fight-central website? They ar spouting off about it on the white board. But the funny thing is it was from a fight last year and if my memory serves me right it was earlier in the year. And i dont know if you can remember, but the last game that Tri-cities played here last season Stoesz actually thumped somebody that surprised me do you remember who it was? Im thinking it was either Hewitt or Stoner. But not certain.

Nodak Guest

I don't think that his pims will drop next year. I think that they will even go up. Stoez seems to know what he is and that is a fighter/agitator. He knows that is the way to the pros for him. Work his ass off on the ice and scrap whenever he needs/wants to.

I am all for his game improving and hime scoring more. Don't get me wrong. It's just that I think that he actually likes what he is doing. You can't be as active of a fighter as he is and not like it. Maybe he will actually put some fire into the Tri-Spoke rivalry and put some butts in the seats on Saturday nights too.

upper level fan Guest

Actually after thinking about it i think your right. Jevon's penalty minutes didnt drop till his 19 year old year. He could very easy raise his penalty minutes and still raise his points up to. And actually I know someone thats friends with him and he does like what hes doing. And thats good because he does it well. And actually he is picking his spots better he doesnt seem to take the stupid penalties as much as he used to.