Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Myles Stoesz the real deal????

I talked to Stoesz's dad on Friday and he said that Myles didn't fight before he got here...........pretty scary considering that most consider him the toughest or close to toughest middleweight in the Conf......after only a year and a half of dropping the gloves. He also thanked all the loyal Spoke. fans for defending Myles on the various boards. Which made me think that not only Stoesz but most guys that fight quite a bit get a pretty bad rap on the various boards for ducking guys, not following the tough guy code etc, etc, etc........when in reality most of us don't go to work and get punched in the head for a living........I think a lot of posters (esp. on the white board) should consider this when posting negative Homer comments......when the familys and players are obviously reading the boards.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

Default My take

This is my first post here, but I've been with hockeyfights.com for a while. I don't think Stoesz will be a feared fighter in the future, but I do think he'll always be near the top in terms of fighting. I think he is definately comparable to Kris Graf except Graf had the threat of a knockout which I don't see Stoesz having or ever having simply due to his style of throw, throw, throw, throw. He'll beat alot of people by simply outlanding them, but I don't think that will put fear into competitors throughout the league. I think his size will always be a downfall in that department also. I have seen him improve twofold since he's been here though, especially in terms of balance. Last year he often started throwing and fell due to lack of balance. He has obviously cured that this year. I don't know if he'll ever get the 15 goals some of you are expecting, but let's not forget his best characteristic....this guy can line someone up and really put the hurt on them. I see a big hit outta Stoesz virtually every game...that's usually when he fights. I think in order for him to be a feared fighter, he needs to drop the lid a little more and maybe take a couple of fights where he simply tries to throw the bombs as opposed to 10-15 punches.

Quote Originally Posted by rezstyle
    This is my first post here, but I've been with hockeyfights.com for a while. I don't think Stoesz will be a feared fighter in the future, but I do think he'll always be near the top in terms of fighting. I think he is definately comparable to Kris Graf except Graf had the threat of a knockout which I don't see Stoesz having or ever having simply due to his style of throw, throw, throw, throw. He'll beat alot of people by simply outlanding them, but I don't think that will put fear into competitors throughout the league. I think his size will always be a downfall in that department also. I have seen him improve twofold since he's been here though, especially in terms of balance. Last year he often started throwing and fell due to lack of balance. He has obviously cured that this year. I don't know if he'll ever get the 15 goals some of you are expecting, but let's not forget his best characteristic....this guy can line someone up and really put the hurt on them. I see a big hit outta Stoesz virtually every game...that's usually when he fights. I think in order for him to be a feared fighter, he needs to drop the lid a little more and maybe take a couple of fights where he simply tries to throw the bombs as opposed to 10-15 punches.
    Great to see you here, Rezstyle

I've always enjoyed your posts on the hockeyfights.com site, keep up the good work
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

Default Glad to be here

I didn't even know about this site until someone asked for it in HF.com. Checked it out and am glad they had teams separated out for chat. I'm getting frustrated in HF because Desautels gets no respect, plus I just like talking about things other than fights all the time. Fights are definately my favorite hockey discussion, but there is a bunch of other things that happen in the game that aren't appropriate in HF.com