Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Best 91's?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson
    It's hard to call the Chiefs a strong defensive team when you look at what we have defensively:
    Defensive hockey is more than just the defencemen though. If the forwards aren't committed to playing hard without the puck, coming back hard into their own zone when they lose the puck and picking up their checks, the best group of defencemen in the world can't look good on a team like that. Conversely, if everyone on the team is committed to playing well defensively, that makes the job of an average defence that much easier.

Spokane has allowed by far the fewest goals in the league which to me, means they have a good team commitment to defensive hockey. That makes the job of everyone on their defence, including Cowen, much easier than the defencemen on some other teams.

It's really, really hard to pick one out of that group of Cowen, Elliott, and Barrie. They are all going to be huge stars in this league by the end of their careers here, and probably in the NHL as well. It's a tough group and they're all great players.

And for the guy who keeps bringing up Niemi in these discussions - he's 17, not 16.

Iv never said he's 16 iv always said he was 17 and that he will be drafted high into the nhl draft next year

I'm a Brandon fan so I'm biased I guess, but I think Schenn is the best 16 year old in the league. I hear a lot of unbiased others say the same though, even players from other teams are saying it....
    Glennie, I love the way he scores, but he's unconventional. He was a bit injury prone in AAA, so if he recovers from this concussion ok I'll be happy. I think he doesn't always know what he's doing, so it confuses the other team!! He's a pure goal scorer, who, if he keeps it up could crack the top 5 as a 16 year old.
    Having said all this, defence is harder to play as a 16 year old than forward.
    Schenn is the real deal, the next Getzlaff maybe? Ferraro is also very, very good, just on a bad team. Ashton is also good, Bubnick and Eakin too. Elliot, Barrie, Melnychuk are all having great seasons as 16 year old d-men.... Schenn is by far the best 16 year old so far though.....
    Last edited by sbtatter; 12-05-2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Default I've always thought...

that Glennie is doing as well as he is because of Schenn and Calvert. Whenever Glennie scores, you usually see Schenn's name right beside. Someone awhile back said that Schenn does all the work on that line. I'd take Schenn over Glennie any day. Glennie is good but I just have a feeling that the reason he has all these goals is thanks to his linemates. Just the sense that I get from what I've heard.

Ferraro is also going to be a damn good player in the future. When Red Deer came here to Saskatoon, he was by far the most noticeable player on the ice. Wished he was with the Blades lol.

My top five picks would be....

1. Schenn - Could be a top five nhl pick by the sound of it
    2. Ferraro - Best player on RD with maybe the exception to Sutter
    3. Elliot - Great offense, defense isn't bad, -15 only because he's on the ice a lot.
    4. Barrie - Very impressive
    5. Kane - he played in the memorial cup final if im not mistaken, that has to say something bout him, Hay had to have had loads of confidence in him.

Based on what I'm hearing so far, Jared Cowan has to be right at the top - he looks like he's going to be a great player.