Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kootenay Deals For Gorman

Default Kootenay Deals For Gorman

http://www.amshockey.com/news/article.src?ID=2448

November 20, 2007

Dan Mulhausen Tri-City Americans

KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans general manager Bob Tory announced today that the hockey club has traded 18-year-old right wing Travis Gorman to the Kootenay Ice for a sixth-round Bantam Draft pick in 2009.

Gorman, a 6'2" 190 lb product of Aldergrove, British Columbia, has appeared in 14 games this season for the Americans, collecting one goal, 25 penalty minutes and a minus-1 rating. The former Tri-City Americans list player appeared in 21 games last season for Tri-City, totaling four goals, four points, 49 penalty minutes and a minus-2 rating. Gorman's career-highlights include a two-goal game against the Seattle Thunderbirds on March 18, 2007.

"For the development of our younger forwards, this move gives them a chance to earn more ice time. At the same time, this gives Travis the chance to play on a regular basis for Kootenay," Tory explained. "We'd like to thank Travis for his time and contributions to the club. We wish him all the best."

Tri-City Americans nine-ticket Value Packs are convenient, affordable and flexible to fit your needs. If you attend four or more games with a friend, then this is for you! Come to the games you want to see, while saving money over walk-up prices. Call 509.736.0606, visit AmsHockey.com or drop by the Americans offices' at the bottom level of the Toyota Center for more information.

I wonder who they're going to bring in now. The roster only has (13) forwards, (4) lines to suit up plus (1) person in the stands. I think thats a little light, just for the fact of keeping guys healthy not to mention that Hughesman, Gardiner and Wilgosh will be gone and the end of December for Team Manitoba.
    Last edited by Stay-Puft; 11-21-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Theres two or three of the D corp, that could utility up on forward to fill in, if ever necessary. So you could look at it like you potentially have three spare forwards or two spare D. That should probably cover injury relief. But theres still probably another deal or two in the cards for this year. To best setup for down the stretch this year and to carry forward into next.

wheels1 Guest

Default Euro?

we have room for a Euro. I wonder if this will open up a spot to obtain one?

The roster limit is 25 but there were only 24 before the trade. There was always room, but I'm thinking they are going to call someone up, or two, up to fill the spot. After seeing the physical play the last few games against the Ams, I am wondering if they aren't bringing a bigger body, enforcer-type if you will, in from Junior A level.

wheels1 Guest

it would be nice to bring in a big body to help in that department. I think we have held our own on scraps this year but it is certainly not a good thing when guys like Mestery have to step up for that. That fight the other night was right in front of me and he was very nervous

Question You never know with Trader Bob

There is room here and I'm sure that he is looking now... There are many options out there but with the AMS healthy that gives him even more room.
    I think if he brings in anyone it might be a d-man. Just a feeling
    You're not yourself today...
    I noticed the improvement immediately!

Rumor is that Bob inked Lazo's little brother this afternoon. Could be part of the picture. It should be interesting to see what pans out.

wheels1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    Rumor is that Bob inked Lazo's little brother this afternoon. Could be part of the picture. It should be interesting to see what pans out.
    How old is Robby? I think he is only 15 but I could be wrong. He looked really good in training camp would be exciting to see brothers playing together.

If they bring in a d-man, the only one I could think of would be Jordan, who Portland sent home. I am starting to think that they might be bringing in a couple of guys from the protected list.