Thread: If The Season Ended Today

Default If The Season Ended Today

Courtesy Alan Caldwell:

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Just for fun, if the WHL season ended today, here's how the playoffs would look....I ranked the teams by winning percentage instead of points, to smooth out differences in games played:

Eastern Conference:
    #8 Medicine Hat at #1 Calgary
    #7 Moose Jaw at #2 Brandon
    #6 Swift Current at #3 Lethbridge
    #5 Kootenay at #4 Regina

Edmonton, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, and Red Deer would all miss the playoffs. In fact, there is quite a drop from Medicine Hat at #8 (.581) to Edmonton at #9 (.435) so barring a big surge from any of those four teams, it is quite likely that come March, they all WILL miss the playoffs. Some definite potential trade deadline sellers there.

Western Conference:
    #8 Everett at #1 Spokane
    #7 Kamloops at #2 Vancouver
    #6 Seattle at #3 Tri-City
    #5 Chilliwack at #4 Kelowna

Prince George and Portland miss the playoffs. As with the East, there is a huge gap already between Everett at #8 (.516) and Prince George at #9 (.344) so it is already fairly likely that the Cougars and Hawks will be out of the postseason dance.

And yes, I know that #3 Tri-City has a better winning percentage than #2 Vancouver. But, Vancouver would be the B.C. division champ and thus get the #2 seed ahead of the Americans.

Two rematches of last year's first round in the West - Everett/Spokane and Seattle/Tri-City.
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

I do like this format better than the old format it gives the deserving teams the right too be in the playoffs. But look at the travel situation between Regina and Kootenay. Wow who ever wins that series might be dog tired come the second round im thinking it would have too be a 2 -3-2 kind of seies for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hobster
    I do like this format better than the old format it gives the deserving teams the right too be in the playoffs. But look at the travel situation between Regina and Kootenay. Wow who ever wins that series might be dog tired come the second round im thinking it would have too be a 2 -3-2 kind of seies for sure.
    They better get used to the travel if they want to play in the NHL, to me that is no excuse
    Suddenly
    You’ve done it all
    You won me over
    In no time at all

And now I’ll stop the storm if it rains
    I’ll light a path far from here
    I’ll make your fear melt away
    And the world we know disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Eye.Of.The.Tiger
    They better get used to the travel if they want to play in the NHL, to me that is no excuse
    I didn't say it was, it's just alot further of travel that it use too be even for fans too go watch there team on the road.

i dont think regina would get by kootenay anyways , if the playoffs started today. too much disaray going on in patty land. i would love to see the swifty lethbridge series, i think that would be the best all round series. both seem to play the speed and finesse game. tough one to call in that one. brandon would take out the jaw as much as that is tough for me to admit. but i think it would be a rather good series, but speed and youth takes over for brandon, and i think calgary not easily but takes care of bussiness with the hat... but who knows the playoffs are a new season. should be interesting to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Eye.Of.The.Tiger
    Big differance between bus and charter flight though

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18