Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Wish List

Icon06 PG Cougars

Dear Santa,

Please send the Cougars a goat so that CYR can get out of the doghouse.

Thanks,
    WLF
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
    Dear Santa,

Please send the Cougars a goat so that CYR can get out of the doghouse.

Thanks,
    WLF
    LOL!
    In all fairness, the last game against the Bruins, Tommy T. was in the doghouse and Cyr came in for him. Missing Dana Tyrell and Jesse Dudas doesn't help either.

Hang in there Cyr fans!
    GO BRUINS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN
    Are you actually serious? C'mon the sport has been changed for the worse enough already, I can tolerate crap like the instigator rule and shootouts, but if the WHL would ever change to 4 on 4 hockey (and it never will) I wouldn't ever go to a hockey game again. What I love about hockey is the competitiveness and will to win, I am entertained just as much by a 1-0 game in 2003 as I was by a 7-6 game in 1986, enough catering to the fans already!, things need to be done for the good of the game NOT for what the fans want, this is a reason why I enjoy watching International as much if not more than the WHL or NHL, Internationally things are done for the good of the game, not for what the fans want, which is the way it should be.
    I'm with the Wheatman. The instigator rule and shoot outs have ruined the game enough, leave it alone. No, to 4 on 4!!!
    Always Remembered

Ben Maxwell to play more than half a season would do the Ice some good. And maybe for Hamilton to decide to send Russell back to the Ice since he's only played 8 games in the AHL. And for the Ice to replace Kurceba (or Greenan) with a stud D-man since one would be gone in the 20 yr old #'s situation (with Russell coming back). Just my christmas wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    I'm with the Wheatman. The instigator rule and shoot outs have ruined the game enough, leave it alone. No, to 4 on 4!!!
    It's nice to know I am not the only one who thinks this way, here is hoping that the NHL and WHL can return to the way hockey should be played. I just hope it doesn't get ruined anymore.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

For the Pats:
    1. Tim Kraus to find (regain??) his scoring touch and I mean goals.
    2. A 20 year old forward that can score (Undershute or Voytechek from Portland would be great)

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN
    It's nice to know I am not the only one who thinks this way, here is hoping that the NHL and WHL can return to the way hockey should be played. I just hope it doesn't get ruined anymore.
    It would make the game way more exciting and there would be less penalty's cause there would be so much space for the guys too skate around.

The other thing i would like is for there too be no more shootouts in hockey just make it a 10 minute overtime no points if you lose in OT either.

Well all i can ask for for christmas this year is

1) 1st and foremost Ty Wishart would be a great addition
    2) Some consistency would be nice, this team is on and off and its driving me nuts
    Suddenly
    You’ve done it all
    You won me over
    In no time at all

And now I’ll stop the storm if it rains
    I’ll light a path far from here
    I’ll make your fear melt away
    And the world we know disappear

Quote Originally Posted by hobster
    It would make the game way more exciting and there would be less penalty's cause there would be so much space for the guys too skate around.
    I don't think you realize the repercussions this would have on hockey. If this ever happened you could basically kiss any player over 6'2" who is well rounded and replace him with a 5'9" kid who only brings speed to the table, toughness would mean nothing at all, and teams would have to completely re-design how they run the PP, PK, trap etc., roster sizes would be reduced by alot also. Some people might think this would be "exciting" but it is as close to hockey as the movie "The Mighty Ducks" portrays hockey. Any person who is a real hockey fan and has respect for the game wants it to remain 5 on 5.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

I guess we'll just have too agree too disagree on this one.