Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade specualtion?

Default Trade specualtion?

Well, we know it's going to happen as soon as the Christmas break is over, and considering it is dead here again (I think partially from the disheartening loss to Moose Juice on Saturday:P), what do you think the Pats will do?

I personally, have absolutely no clue who will be moved and aren't even able to speculate. The main concern is scoring, so that is top of the list for sure.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 12-19-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy
    Well, we know it's going to happen as soon as the Christmas break is over, and considering it is dead here again (I think partially from the disheartening loss to Moose Juice on Saturday:P), what do you think the Pats will do?

I personally, have absolutely no clue who will be moved and aren't even able to speculate. The main concern is scoring, so that is top of the list for sure.
    I know you guys have a opening for a 20 spot on your team so i was thinking if the Blades were too trade a overager maybe a Chris Durand you guys would want. Maybe we could get back a youngster like a Garrett Mitchell or Brett Miller or even a 3rd roundpick in the draft, hard too say if that will happen with you guys in the same div as us tho.

surprisingly, despite a hyped defense, the pats goals against is not very good. is this just a matter of lazy in zone play, or is a change up on defense and maybe a deal for a vet goalie necessary?

up front leffler has to be characterized a disappointment for a first round pick, kraus is prone to laziness, and macangus seems to be missing something from last year.

i wouldn't be surprised to see parker try and add more scoring up front, acquire a solid stay at home d man, and perhaps a vet goalie.

Iconwhl

I for 1 know we need some scoring and some toughness as well, Elder doesnt scare anyone and after the weekend games against moose jaw we need a guy who would be willing to tangle with a guy like McLaren.....

I think a deal with the Red Deer Rebels is muchly needed, swing a deal with the likes of JD Watt (he scored 34 goals with 182 pim on a defense 1st Giants team) along with Scott Doucet (a 19 yr old with some finish always liked this guy when he was on the Raiders)

I think the Pats are finally in a position where they can give up a prospect to get something in return without being effected in the long term a guy like Miller could get some interest back in return.

I also think a guy like Ryan Kerr from Portland would help our defensive problems, hes a tough stay at home type Dman hes 18 yrs old, may have to give up a roster player to get this guy but i think would be a welcomes addition to the defence. We lost alot on our backend when we shipped Schira to Vancouver (but u have to give up something to get a guy like Kraus)

I think guys like Gross, Jagow and Cerveny could be used in a deal.. Cerveny has some upside to him but needs to be used in a more offensive role then he is getting with the Pats, hes got puck skills there is no hiding that but Hunt enjoys using these types of players as checkers for some reason, some other team i think could enjoy his skills more then Hunt will.

I think Gross and Jagow should stay. This may sounds weird, but Jagow, in my mind, has the same style, or something that players like Dittmer, and Menei have/had. They were both putting up very mediocre numbers at 19, and then Menei totally broke out and scored 70+ points or something, and Dittmer is looking like he will do the same.

I think Jagow could be in a similar situation next year. he is a decent skater, has a pretty good shot, and is somewhat offensively aware. Call me crazy, but I think we would be sorry if we lose Jagow and he possibly lights it up next year.

And I think Cody Gross needs to stay as well. He can be good secondary scoring if he gets the right line mates. Look how he saved our asses in the SO last time, and he has played pretty well overall in the past few games.

As for the Kerr trade, sure. Ive never seen him play, but as long as the price isnt too high, go nuts. We could use another tough defenceman outside of teubert, since Ross isnt hitting much anymore, and god forbid Valach breaks a nail on his 9 feet, 700 pound body.

I will post some examples of key trades I would like to see be made in my next post...

Iconwhl

some arrgont jerk i see what ur saying with jagow and gross but there are too many players on this roster with that possibity of breaking out with the offence we need it now.... not tomorrow. the pats are too easy to shut down u shut down Kraus u also shut down Eberle.... and u pretty well have us beat.... ya Gross saved our *sses in the SO but 1 game doesnt justify he stays either... if thats the case the whole team wont change at all lol... there has to be someone gone if parker tends to bring 1 or 2 bodies in.

i cant wait to see some of ur trade idea's, so fun to be a whl gm in here lol i tend to agree alot with what u say somejerk so cant wait to see ur idea's

Default My long trade proposals...

Well, since I am done finals, on a wednesday, I have nothing to do... So I typed up a couple proposals, and expand more, and more, and then I got this far. Feel free to comment, flame, compliment, or reply with other proposals, or whatever. This kind of thing is fun to discuss, anyways.

Troy Ofukany C - Tim Kraus C - Jordan Eberle C
    Michael MacAngus LW - Kirt Hill C - Matt Streuby C
    Todd Kennedy C - Rudolf Cerveny C - Brett Leffler RW
    Josh Elder LW - Cody Gross C - Garrett Mitchell RW
    Cody Hanson(where has he been?) Jared Jagow LW(IR)

Logan Pyett D - Colten Teubert
    Nick Ross D - Curtis Kulchar
    Juraj Valach D - Matt Delahey D
    Alex Pym - Spencer Fraipont

AND ROSIE OF COURSE

First proposal...with EDM.

Cerveny, and a 4th round pick(or something around there) for Robin Figren

Figren really impressed me when he was here last, and he is better than his #'s indicate (at a PPG pace currently). He would be a good offensive threat that this team really needs, and it doesn't come at a huge price, being that he is a half-a-year player.

Cervany is still developing, and would benefit from the huge increase of ice time he would get, and deserves in Edmonton, rather than being a sometime healthy scratch that jumps around in the bottom 9 lines, but never sticks for long. Both teams benefit, and Cerveny has the potential to be a good player in this league, and would do good with the oil kings.

Second one...with RDR.

Macangus + 3rd round pick for JD Watt and a 6th round pick

patsdude114, I agree with the Watt trade as well. Ive been saying it all along that Watt is the guy we need. He brings a physical game, has skill, but most importantly, playoff experience. That could be a huge factor, with his experience, along with Kraus', and Ofukany's wealth of playoff experience too.

Putting him with Eberle and Kraus would be a very similar version to the top line in MJ, with Knackstench - Bast(too easy) - McLovin (or as I would like to call Frazer, if I was behind bullet proof glass, "Sister Bear" ), though I would say a more skilled version.

A high pick should be able to bring him JD here. Paying a little more might be worth it too, since many teams will also be after him. As for Macangus, trading him is just making room for Watt. He also hasn't really carried out his performance from last year really either. I think he would be better off in Red deer coming back next year as a solid OA, with guys like Doucet, and whomever else is left over.

Jordan Eberle C - Tim Kraus C - JD Watt
    Robin Figren - Troy Ofukany C - Matt Streuby C
    Cody Gross C - Kirt Hill C - Garrett Mitchell RW
    Josh Elder LW - Todd Kennedy C - Brett Leffler RW
    (Big crashing line)

(the 3rd line is a good defensive line with some skill, and I noticed that Gross and Hill have some chemistry with each other, another reason I would like Gross to stay. They both have speed to burn, and can both fore check well.)

(Jagow will be inserted in the lineup after his injury is healed. I heard he has an ankle injury, and those can usually last pretty long)

And the last one...which is just a hypothetical one that some wont agree with...a trade with PG.

Alex Pym, Cody Hanson, and a 2nd round pick for Wishart

Wishart is at least a top 10 defenceman in this league right now, so acquiring him would really boost our defence for this year. For them, It is almost like a reimbursement for their setoguchi trade, though Pym isn't quite as good as elliot is yet. I know its a bit much (from a pats POV), but like an auction, the one selling the prize is going to take the bidder with the most attractive return.

There is a 99 percent chance that Wishart doesn't return next year, and the same goes for Pyett. So it's time to get the best out of these guys while we can.

Pym is solid, with a good future ahead of him, but you have to trade something good to get something good. Besides, we have a good few prospects coming up next year anyways, in Slobozian (who I heard is really good), and a few others that just missed making the team last year.

And Hanson is getting next to no ice time, so throwing him in is more of a favour for him, than us. Hanson looks like he could be a decent player in the dub, he just needs to be given a good chance.

Logan Pyett D - Colten Teubert D
    Ty Wishart D - Juraj Valach D
    Nick Ross D - Curtis Kulchar
    Matt Delahey D - Spencer Fraipont D

I don't know about you, but I like that line up. Lets hope Parker can work his magic, and make something remotely similar possible.
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 12-20-2007 at 02:47 AM.

and yes, It may seem like I am throwing picks around like candy, but the teams I am "proposing" the trades to are rebuilding teams, that need picks. Plus it makes it easier to trade for, because you have the player you want, and you can match their value through picks instead of going Wishart for Pyett, or whatever.

And the 1st trade could very well be a 5th, or 6th instead of a 4th. So i dunno. I guess I will see what people think of it in the afternoon, when I will probably wake up, because I get to sleep in.

EDIT: Wow, me and Fight guy have the exact number of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    Macangus + 3rd round pick for JD Watt and a 6th round pick
    I think Watt could be moved, but they already have a plethora of average 19 year old players that will be battling for an overage spot next season, plus the Rebels really need a steadying influence on the back end. I would be more inclined to say that any deal they make with Regina would include Valach or possibly the struggling Teubert.

I don't see a Watt fit. Way to undisciplined for Hunt.

But, if we are going to talk trades, how about Undershute from Portland for Cotterill and a 3rd rounder. This would help both teams. Cotterill is a 17 year old d-man that was on the bubble on a deep defense core. And Undershute has been injuried most of the year and has been lost to Portland anyway. The Pats could use his scoring and it is always nice to have that playoff experience in your line up.