Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater & Plouffe

Default Blackwater & Plouffe

please correct me if i am wrong because i had a semi obstructed view but did that uppercut blackwater threw come before or after his gloves were dropped? because from what i saw it was a hard uppercut with his glove still on. how the refs found that to be 2 minutes for roughing i dont know. either way plouffe learned his lesson again from blackwater.

After his gloves were off. As for the penalty, I've about given up on trying to understand why and how they call things.

that was one hell of an uppercut by blackwater then. i dont know what the hell plouffe thought he was doing i mean he went to start he scrap and kinda froze or something. oh well. hope the game this saturday is just as exciting

Not sure of what happened down there; but I know those two have a bit of a history. Plouffe flattened Ondrej Roman (good, clean hockey hit) and Blackwater took exception in the first game here in Spokane this season. Had Plouffe's number before Plouffe even took his gloves off.

Judd doesn't put up with anyone hitting Roman...ask anybody that tries it. He's as close to Marty McSorley as we have.

Blackwater is just a goon. Doesn't matter who you hit or who he hits he'll look for a reason to throw the gloves. New Year's Eve for example no one would fight with him so he crushes Lazo and turned arond swinging. I just wish we had someone like that here in Tri

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    Blackwater is just a goon. Doesn't matter who you hit or who he hits he'll look for a reason to throw the gloves. New Year's Eve for example no one would fight with him so he crushes Lazo and turned arond swinging. I just wish we had someone like that here in Tri
    37gp,12goals,13assists, 25 points.....with a wopping 3 fights..........

cranky Guest

Default that there's funny

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    if judder's a goon.....what the hell you call some of these knuckledraggers that can't skate any better than my dead grandmother......like that tidball goof of a coupla years ago ? vc119

goons arent always fighters. blackwater can play some hockey but the reason i view him as a goon i think he makes some dirty hits. like the one on lazo new years eve. or when he jumped plouffe in spokane at the begining of the year.

I wouldn't call him a goon...usually the only times he'll drop the mitts are in defense of one of his linemates (Grabner, Roman, whoever gets hit hard).

How many times has Judd been suspended in his career for illegal hits? I don't know that you could call him a goon for throwing dirty hits. I would be happy with the term "policeman;" he's a team first kind of guy. Kelner may be a different story though; he throws some nasty hits. I don't think the fans in Tri can talk too much about our tough guys...everyone has them. You can't tell me that Boogard was on the team to do anything other than rough people up...I wouldn't believe it. It's the same reason we carried Myles Stoesz; it's the very reason he was even drafted by Atlanta...they don't expect him to turn into a goal scorer or a two-way guy.

Stoesz/Boogard = bullies/goons
    Blackwater = power forward

ha ya boogaard was a goon i'll admit it. he made alot of bad hits but also made a ton of good hits a got called for everything he did. blackwater i've just never cared for his style of play i guess. he's like beach..... but with less skill