Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blackwater & Plouffe

As an Ams fan I have to agree with the Chiefs faithful on this one. He's a power forward with above average scoring hands, responsible in his own end and has a little bit of a gritty edge to him. Comparing him to a Beach type player is laughable in my opinion. I have questioned a few of his decisions as of late but overall his play has always impressed me. If he were on the trade block tomarrow I'd want him on my team.

that hit on lazo was pointless. in my opinion the game was very well decided and blackwater crushed lazo with a very questionable hit (the questionable bemcomes dirty in my eyes just based on the score and time left in the game). it was obvious he knew that hit was dirty by the way he turned around swinging. i won't lie though i'd love blackwater in tri as i said earlier. however his style of play is a bit dirtier than a power forward maybe not a goon but still. wasnt he the one that started the brawl with everett in the playoffs last year by hitting someone after the game was over?

I thought the hit on Lazo wasn't that questionable. Was it a hard hit? Yes. Was it dirty? No. Those guys were still playing hard trying to get back into the game. Lazo saw it coming, as he dipped his head down. Blackwater got more glass than anything. I wouldn't compare Blackwater with Boogaard either. Blackwater is a pretty good player. I wish some of our players had his grit. Kelner would be closer to a Boogaard, in my opinion.

On the bright side, on the faceoff after the hit, Letts was on the ice and asked everyone around him "Wanna go?", "Wanna go?". He asked everyone except Pickard for a dance. Ah, sometimes its good to be in the front row.

that reminds me pickard has been trying to drop the gloves for some time now. anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    that reminds me pickard has been trying to drop the gloves for some time now. anyone else noticed this?

???????????? Havent noticed....

Tokarski gave him the invite last game and I dont recall Pickard exactly charging to the redline chucking off gear...

pickard was up at the blue line. i think maybe coach has a leash on him. i kno for a fact he wanted a go at tokarski after he hit resse with the blocker.

I've yet to see Tokarski fight...but Pickard had better choose his opponents wisely. Armstrong is a scrapper; if you YouTube him, he put Portland's Guggenburger down for the count...it was actually quite funny.

Should be a barnburner down there tonight; wish I could have gone, but I'm stuck at work instead.