Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Trades

urbanroots Guest

Default Scoring...

I think Parker started off good with addition of Watt and Doucet. That addresses the need for some additional grit in the line up, however I don't think that solved the need for some secondary scoring.

If you look at all the teams ahead of us in the league they have 20-30 more goals than we do, however we've only gave up approx 5 more goals than all of them.

With that said you would have expected some more moves to address the scoring need. Instead we give up our top scoring defenceman in Ross with 3 goals & 25 points, who is still 18 and has a chance of returning next year for
    Bender - 2 assists, Bartley - 3 goals & 15 assists. To boot we give up a pick?

I don't understand this trade at all. When you deal a first round draft pick like Ross you have to get your value.

THis trade hurts us right now as Bartley is injured and in the future as well as we gave up a younger player & a draft pick for two players that probably won't return next year.

Looks like it's all adding up to the Pats acquiring Figren. As for the rest of the trades...a lot more change than I had expected. Not surprised Ross is gone, but I'd still rather him be on the Pats. And the rest all work for me. I like what we got from Kamloops, but have no clue on Jackson at all.

Should be an interesting end of the year.

I'm not sure if these moves guarantee a Figren acquisation as I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Regina isn't the only team looking to acquire Figren's services.

Iconwhl

tradeing Ross doesnt really hurt us at all.... we had too many dmen who wanted to play offense most teams have 2 we on the other hand had 4 (pyett,ross,Valach and teubert) Ross hasnt looked that good sinec we traded Schria away... he wasnt really playing the body much anymore and just wanted to jump into the rush all the time. I had also heard he wasnt really a good team guy anymore since he has been a 1st round pick.

I personally believe our defence got alot better with the trades we made today Bender, Bartly and Jackson will help this defence alot, wait till they get some practise time in then add Pyett. we finally got that mix of offence and defence.

i see watt is up to his old tricks again, its only going to be time before he hurts someone bad.. hes not going to do much for the pats but hurt them with stupid penelties...

Quote Originally Posted by wardog fan
    i see watt is up to his old tricks again, its only going to be time before he hurts someone bad.. hes not going to do much for the pats but hurt them with stupid penelties...
    I gotta be honest, I didn't get a good view of this elbow, but I was very surprised it was a 5 minute major. Veersteg laid on the ice for a while, but never missed a shift. Seemed like a weak call. I actually like what I saw from Watt tonight and the other guys tonight. Bender made a couple big defensive plays.

It will be nice when the guys can actually get to know each other on the ice.

Jackson arriving at 5:15 and scoring the only goal tonight was interesting to see. One more day without Hunt.

Well, according to the white board, Figren has ended up in Calgary...to be announced Monday.

Maybe the Pats can keep the two team deadline trend, and go for Puustinen??? He is extremely capable, and if Parker is still looking for a scorer, then....iunno?

nah, the kid's ours

I think you are going to have to chk your game sheets for the next games after the trade deadline because I don't think your team is done yet.
    Last edited by eye4aneye; 01-05-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    I am fan of the RAIDER TEAM, doesn't matter who the coach, mgr. or board is. GO RAIDERS

urbanroots Guest

Default Whiteboard

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy
    Well, according to the white board, Figren has ended up in Calgary...to be announced Monday.

Maybe the Pats can keep the two team deadline trend, and go for Puustinen??? He is extremely capable, and if Parker is still looking for a scorer, then....iunno?
    Where did you find that Figren has ended up in Calgary?