Thread: Hitmen Trade Deadline Thread

Hybrid View

Default Hitmen Trade Deadline Thread

With the trade deadline just a few days away I figured we might as well have one thread for posting all trades and discussion on trades.

Default Trade

Dont ask how I know this, but as of last night, the Calgary Hitmen have completed a trade with the Kamloops Blazers. I wont mention how I know this but it involves the Blazers aquiring #22 Devon Kalinski. Not sure what is comming back for you guys.

*lol, nvmd, looks like the legue just posted it on there site. Calgary get Brock Nixon in return*
    Last edited by O&C; 01-05-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Default Hitmen got...

Nixon from the Blazers in exchange for Kalinski and a 2nd round pick.

Nice Trade , we get another scorer and fill our last 20yr old spot..Wonder if Kisio will try and get another import??? Would be nice to see Figren come back but the price will probably be too high..... Mind you ,we might as well try to make our run this year because next year will be a rebuilding year with all the 19yr olds we have now..

Hitmen Trade
    CALGARY HITMEN ACQUIRE KAMLOOPS BLAZERS LEADING SCORER BROCK NIXON
    Calgary, AB – Calgary Hitmen General Manager and Head Coach Kelly Kisio announced today the acquisition of 20-year-old forward Brock Nixon along with a sixth round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft from the Kamloops Blazers in exchange for 17-year-old Devon Kalinski and a second round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft.

“We are very excited to add a veteran player of Brock Nixon’s caliber who will add a lot of depth to all facets of our team,” said Kisio. “Nixon has put up some very good numbers in the past and we look forward to him doing the same here in Calgary. Unfortunately when you acquire a good player you have to give up a good player and we thank Devon Kalinski for his contributions to the Hitmen and wish him continued success in Kamloops.”

Nixon is in his fifth season in the WHL, all with the Blazers, and has played 286 career games picking up 81 goals and 100 assists for 181 points. His best offensive totals came last season when he led Kamloops in scoring posting a career high 79 points (35 goals, 44 assists).

Brock Nixon – CENTER
    BORN: Russell, MB (February 4, 1987)
    HEIGHT: 6’0” WEIGHT: 182 lbs.
    NHL DRAFT STATUS: Free Agent.

Brock Nixon

Ricobob Guest

During the world junior Canada - Sweden game, Darryl Sutter was interviewed and said that it would be nice to get Michal Backlund in the Western League ... that would be sweet if he could join the Hitmen....