Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Trade????

So are we done? Or is there more to come?

Just going over the trade rumors. Looks like everybody needs new sources, lol. Unless I missed something none were even close. But it was fun! pbj

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

I think we did pretty good with the trades that were made. Our defense got a whole lot better with Oil Kings Captain Bretton Stamler. Also making our defense a lot better is Dudas, if he can stay healthy he may be the steal deal of the season, yes he can be that good. Along with Dudas we get 15 year old prospect Foley. The only question mark now is what if Yonks did go down with an injury(touch wood), not much is known about Guggenberger other than that he was highly toted, but sent home for disciplinary reasons. We gained these players without selling the farm, we lost Ian Curtis, a conditional pick in 09 and a 3rd round pick in 08, with the depth we have I think we can easily afford the deals that Dean made.
    I've always liked the forward group that we've had, and now with the defense the way it is and Yonkman in net I believe that if everyone plays their roles up to their potential and we all stay on the same page we can do some damage this playoffs. Should be exciting.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    I think we did pretty good with the trades that were made. Our defense got a whole lot better with Oil Kings Captain Bretton Stamler. Also making our defense a lot better is Dudas, if he can stay healthy he may be the steal deal of the season, yes he can be that good. Along with Dudas we get 15 year old prospect Foley. The only question mark now is what if Yonks did go down with an injury(touch wood), not much is known about Guggenberger other than that he was highly toted, but sent home for disciplinary reasons. We gained these players without selling the farm, we lost Ian Curtis, a conditional pick in 09 and a 3rd round pick in 08, with the depth we have I think we can easily afford the deals that Dean made.
    I've always liked the forward group that we've had, and now with the defense the way it is and Yonkman in net I believe that if everyone plays their roles up to their potential and we all stay on the same page we can do some damage this playoffs. Should be exciting.
    I agree with everything you stated...best post in a while FLATHEAD. haha No..seriously...I agree with all of that. I have a good feeling about this team going down the stretch. Especially come playoffs.....

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default I have to agree

I think Dean did a good job ,did not sell the farm. Got two big boys for D this Moves Felde back up front That helps , Goalie is a wait and see but can't hurt .Great way to start off with new guys on the road for two games spending time with the guys on a bus will help.

Iam sad to see RJ go wish you all the luck and thanks
    [COLOR=Navy]Go BRONCOS Go

Quote Originally Posted by Offsider
    I think Dean did a good job ,did not sell the farm. Got two big boys for D this Moves Felde back up front That helps , Goalie is a wait and see but can't hurt .Great way to start off with new guys on the road for two games spending time with the guys on a bus will help.

Iam sad to see RJ go wish you all the luck and thanks
    It's kind of sh*tty that those two new guys get to play their first ever game with us tonight...the point being that the game is in Brandon. I would much rather see them play Brandon five games down the road, because it seems when the Broncos play the Wheat Kings, it really works to their advantage to plug things up. Hopefully the guys fit in right away...I would imagine the game plan in Brandon is to slow things down.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

I put Broncos 4th in the East....3rd at best, and that could be a stretch. 7th at best in conference standings. MAN I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer
    I put Broncos 4th in the East....3rd at best, and that could be a stretch. 7th at best in conference standings. MAN I hope I'm wrong.
    If 7th in the conference means a first round match up against Regina i am game

MM. Look at the standings and it will be close righty down to the wire. After this weekend it could easliy be a one or two point difference from first to fourth in the east, that's for the #2 seed, if the playofs were to start. It looks like Calgary is a lock for #1 and you would probably not want to face them in round 1. Even overall in the conference #2 to #8 is close. If any team gets hot and rolls off 7 or 8 in a roll and they would be the #2 seed.

With the moves made it should be a great final 1/3 of the season. The moves the Broncos have made will help this team a lot. Both solid D that can move the puck and make good passes to initiate the attack, not be the attack but let the, as every one states "the good forward group", do there thing in the offensive zone. I would think Felde will move up and that would give 3 very solid lines that can score, pretty hard to shut down all three units in a game. The team is better as it looks like the 2 D will be top 4 -5 guys and with Wilson, Doyle, Claffey and Mac Avoy, a very good core. When Molle gets back that will be seven solid D. As great as RJ was he wasn't the best at passing and usually when he was on the ice the team didn't attack. I predict there will be better break outs to the wings and more play in the offensive zone.

Travis has been good most of the year and it's his show now to lead the team with solid consistent play, sounds like Ian wasn't happy and his play was inconsistent, tough to be a back up, but an important role on the team. Heard Guggegberg was highly touted as was Ian so which one at the end of there Junior career will be better?

Should be great to watch the playoff push/race.
    Last edited by dubfan; 01-11-2008 at 11:18 AM.