Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Canada Clash

Bran Guest

Default Trans Canada Clash

reginapats.com
    PATS & WARRIORS GET SET FOR 2nd Trans-Canada Clash

REGINA, SK – The Regina Pats Hockey Club and the Moose Jaw Warriors Hockey Club are pleased to announce the Trans-Canada Clash will once again be taking place this February.

On Saturday February 9th, members of the Moose Jaw Warriors alumni will face off against the Regina Pats alumni at the Brandt Centre at 1:30pm. Funds generated from the event will go towards both team’s education funds.

The Regina Pats and Moose Jaw Warriors are known for having the biggest rivalry in Junior hockey, and like last year’s Trans-Canada Clash, this year is shaping up to be a game to remember! Some returning alumni include Dale Derkatch, Stu Grimson and Rod Houk of the Pats and Theoren Fleury, Darryl LaPlante and Pat Beauschene of the Moose Jaw Warriors. Tickets to the Trans Canada Bash are prices at $10 each (Tax & Service Charge not included).

Although the game will take place at 1:30pm on the 9th, the entire weekend is packed with rival hockey as your current Regina Pats and Moose Jaw Warriors will face off in a home & home beginning at the Civic Centre on Friday February 8th at 7:00pm.

The organizing committee is also pleased to launch the first ever Trans-Canada Bash following the WHL match-up at the Brandt Centre February 9th. The Trans-Canada Bash will feature Harlequin at Ipsco Place. Tickets are priced at $10 each with proceeds from the cabaret benefiting both teams’ education funds.

Tickets for the Trans Canada Clash and the Trans-Canada Bash are available for purchase by calling TicketMaster 1-800-970-7328 or by purchasing online at www.ticketmaster.ca
    rodpedersen.com

The Regina Pats and Moose Jaw Warriors are proud to announce details for the 2nd Annual Trans-Canada Clash Alumni game. On Saturday, February 9/2008, members of the Moose Jaw Warriors alumni will faceoff against Regina Pats alumni in the Brandt Centre at 1:30pm. Funds generated from the event will go towards both teams' education funds.

The Pats and Warriors are known for having the best rivalry in junior hockey, and just like last year's Trans-Canada Clash, this year's game is shaping up to by even better. Former Warrior and NHL star Theoren Fleury, absent from the inaugual Clash last year, has confirmed his participation for 2008! Tickets are $10 each, and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1-800-970-7328

Pats Roster:
    Rod Houk, Mike Risdale, Derek Eberle, Kevin Haller, Jeff Helperl, Selmar Odelein, Chris Schlenker, Gord Wappell, Mike Blaisdell, Dale Derkatch, Gary Dickie, Dave Faulkner, Stu Grimson, Mark Janssens, Frank Kovacs, Len Nielsen, Kelly Markwart, Nevin Markwart, Darrin McKechnie, Doug Trapp, Brian Varga, Kurt Wickenheiser. Coaches: Brad Tippett, Al Dumba

Warriors Roster:
    Glen Seymour, Darryl Gilmour, Blair Atcheynum, Troy Edwards, Darryl LaPlante, Pat Beauchesne, Derek Kletzel, Mark MacKay, Theoren Fleury, Rob Harvey, Scott Barnstable, David Bararuk, Dayle Wilcox, Milt Mastad, Scott Thomas, Kevin Smyth, Travis Thiessen, Lyle Odelein, Jim McKenzie, Reed Low.
    Sounds great!!

All I have to say is... Both rosters look amazing. I wonder how many team captains and assistants they will have this year? I remember last year pretty much 3/4 of the players were wearing a letter, and it looked hilarious!

Theo Fleury! Stu Grimson! Reed Low! Dale Derkatch! I think it's gonna be fun!!!

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs
    All I have to say is... Both rosters look amazing. I wonder how many team captains and assistants they will have this year? I remember last year pretty much 3/4 of the players were wearing a letter, and it looked hilarious!

Theo Fleury! Stu Grimson! Reed Low! Dale Derkatch! I think it's gonna be fun!!!
    I was listening to Chris and Ballsy on my way to school this morning and they were talking to Kelly Rempel about this. Sounds like Theo Fleury is pretty excited about the game! He said that a lot of players were quite played out after the game last year so this year they went for some younger guys who aren't so far removed from their playing years! He had quite a bit to say (he's a good interview!). Anyway, one thing that he talked about that isn't mentioned in either of the articles I posted is a ticket package which gets you into both games and the cabaret for $30. Pretty good deal if you ask me! He said that they're starting at about 3000 tickets due to the tickets included in Pats season ticket packages but he also mentioned that Warrior season ticket holders received vouchers for the game...I don't know how many season ticket holders they have but that's at least a few hundred extra depending, of course, on how many people decide to cash them in.

ya this is fun last year was so fun and brought back so many memories, its too bad due to the poor rink we had here in the jaw we didnt do it up better with old video footage and the whole bit, but i expect regina to be able to do that and make it that much better. i grow up watching all this guys and its neat to go back intime, i heard tonight theron saying he has some old un finished bussiness to do.lol who knows with him. how about reed low and grimson on the same ice ? makes ya wonder if we could see a tilt to bring back that old hated rivalry again.lol but as for a season ticket base i would say anywhere between 1500 to 2000 , now your guess is as good as mine who makes the trek down the highway for this i have heard of a fan bus or two but who knows.. last year was a well attended game i expect a huge crwod in regina due to the success last year , hats off to kelly rempul what a idea and it benifits both teams, we may hate each other , but this game annually will help all of us in the end to keep this storied rivarly alive. i think we all can agree on one thing and that regina /moose jaw is the best rivalry and longest rivalry in the whl maybe in the entire chl that is as storied as ours. i think back to our first year the bench clearing brawl, mickey mouse night at the crushed can.lol oh the fights sometimes more fights in the stands then on the ice.lol just the atmosphere in the crushed can is electrofying when the pats came to town. one thing i am happy to see is troy edwards playing, i known him back in his playing days and a very unfortunate event happened in regina and i cant think what he may go threw that night of this game. i think it would be a great honour to have brad hornoug as the honourary captin and i dont know if they have meant since the accident im sure troy made efforts but i think it would be great to have brad involved in this event . but on a brighter side the games and talent that has come threw our organizations were amazing . long live the rivalary and the whl in southren saskatchewan

Bran Guest

I've been to the Civic Centre once (and it was vs the Giants during the WHL final...not even a Pats game.) and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I am not a fan of the people I had to deal with there. Having said that, I don't hate anyone. I think it's mostly jabs back and forth which hype people up and make for a lot of fun. Fans get at it and create hype which gets players pumped up and leads to good hockey. It's a fun cycle. Things have kinda died down recently and that makes me sad! Haha.

They were talking about Theo Fleury being the reason for the canopies where the players come out. I had to laugh. A classy guy, he is not. But he makes things interesting!

I remember Fleury going into the stands to scrap it up in the 'Dome... Or when Al Tuer and Norm Johnston were just mere feet away from a fist-fight! Those were the days!

Bran Guest

Only one more sleep!

Does anyone here know for sure if the cabaret is an all ages thing? Someone at work was wanting to know and I'm not sure. Ticketmaster's website says it's all ages, general admission and I would imagine it's right, but I've had some major issues with Ticketmaster in the past, so I don't know if I should trust their website...Any idea?

Yeah, it's all ages. They said so on Pats TV last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran
    Only one more sleep!

Does anyone here know for sure if the cabaret is an all ages thing? Someone at work was wanting to know and I'm not sure. Ticketmaster's website says it's all ages, general admission and I would imagine it's right, but I've had some major issues with Ticketmaster in the past, so I don't know if I should trust their website...Any idea?
    I heard on the radio that minors (Under 19) have to be accompanied by an adult.

Go Tribe Go !!