Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underestimated

Default Underestimated

I think that a lot of teams underestimate us even with the record that we have! We truly have had a tougher schedule than most other teams in the Dub including Spokane. We have only played lowly Portland like 3 times I think! I don't know but I think that we are going to be a surprise to a lot of teams come playoff time!

C'mon ... you are going to get OWNED ... again

2007-2008 Schedule

Americans vs. Portland
    September 2007 Calendar Style View

Sat 09/15 Portland Winter Hawks 4-1 (W) Exhibition Game

Sat 09/29 at Portland Winter Hawks 3-1 (W)
    October 2007 Calendar Style View

Fri 10/26 Portland Winter Hawks 5-1 (W)
    November 2007 Calendar Style View

Sun 11/11 Portland Winter Hawks 5-1 (W)
    December 2007 Calendar Style View

Sat 12/29 at Portland Winter Hawks 2-1 (L)
    January 2008 Calendar Style View

Wed 01/30 at Portland Winter Hawks 07:30 PM
    February 2008 Calendar Style View

Fri 02/08 at Portland Winter Hawks 07:30 PM

Just like we having been owning you guy's all year long correct?

You guys have a fast team, that plays a great transition game, but playoffs are a differsnt story. And I still say that your schedule is equal to that of all the other teams. Everyone thinks that they have the toughest schedule, but the reality is, these kids are put through the mill with all the travel and 3 in 3 nights, 4 in 5 nights and so forth. It doesn;t matter who you play or how often, because all players are going through the same stuff. You have a good team that may do well or it may not, with the inter-divisional scheduling for playoffs, some of the teams in the east could be traveling 8-10 hours when they switch towns (ie: Brandon to Kootenay). I believe they are obligated to fly teams right now for the finals, but I don;t know how it will work for the first rounds. I also don;t know geographically how far you guys travel in the u.s. and b.c. divisions, but out here there are some awfully long bus rides for the boys.

most of what you say is true. I would just like to say you guys had a nice win VS us the other night! Apparently we didn't have our A game going for us! We really don't travel that far to paly a US team maybe 5 and a half hours at the most to Everrett. We do play some tough teams and every weekend this month we play Fri, Sat, and Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    Just like we having been owning you guy's all year long correct?
    True ... but how does second place in the division feel

Yellowhorn owns us ... or at least that is the way it feels ... it is nice to have both teams doing well this year, and not competing to see who can stay out of last place ... I'm sure if there are any playoff games I will drag the family down to Tri ....

Barely Second but yes second! Yellow Horn owns everyone! We haven't finished last in a long time but yea it is very exciting with the battle for first let alone the battle for the Conference! One of us has to beat Vancouver!

I feel bad for those East teams...especially since PG and Portland will be the teams out of it in the West, they would be the 2 farthest travel points for alot of teams. Another thing that sucks for the Eastern conference is that they have 2 extra teams...it has to be alot harder playing in all those different cities.

The league definately should come up with a better solution...should Kootenay re-join the West?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson
    I feel bad for those East teams...especially since PG and Portland will be the teams out of it in the West, they would be the 2 farthest travel points for alot of teams. Another thing that sucks for the Eastern conference is that they have 2 extra teams...it has to be alot harder playing in all those different cities.

The league definately should come up with a better solution...should Kootenay re-join the West?
    Yes, I think Kootenay should rejoin the western conference. For one, it would even out the conferences again. And two, as far as travel goes it makes more sense than them constantly battling those mountain passes that seperate them from the Alberta teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    Yes, I think Kootenay should rejoin the western conference. For one, it would even out the conferences again. And two, as far as travel goes it makes more sense than them constantly battling those mountain passes that seperate them from the Alberta teams.
    Not to mention the natural rivalry between the Ice and the Chiefs. Games usually sell out in both buildings ---and it gives us our little 3-team division here with Tri on the other end. Makes for some very interesting games down the stretch usually.

I'd love to see the divisions get reformatted in the West. Everett, Seattle and Portland are as far away as places like Kelowna and Kamloops...I would rather see the Canadian teams more.

Or - perhaps not so many inter-divisional games. I would love to see everyone at least once a year, and the teams from the BC division more often. This year we only played Vancouver twice; while we play Tri 12 times...I love the rivalry as much as anyone else, but I would rather see it mixed up a bit...there's only so many times I can watch Yellow Horn dominate or see Reese school us in a shootout.