Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Ams fans........

Angry Sad day for Ams fans........

Tri-City Americans File for Relocation
    Created: Mar 24, 2005

Calgary, AB – Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League announced today the Tri-City Americans have formally applied to relocate the WHL Franchise to Chilliwack, British Columbia.

The WHL Board of Governors have scheduled a meeting for Thursday, March 31, 2005 in Calgary to review the application. Any request to relocate a WHL Franchise requires a two-thirds vote in favour by the WHL Board of Governors in order to be approved.

The Tri-City Americans WHL franchise has been based in Kennewick, Washington since the 1988-89 season.

It is too bad for the Ams fans, they deserved better.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Sad, sad day------hope Porter isn't looking for great playoff ticket sales numbers.
    Grump

Default Too bad for Tips too

This is really too bad for all of the U.S. Divison. Although our season ended bitterly with TC, having 5 U.S. Division teams worked out very well. Along with their Move, TC would probably cause some sort of shuffle in the divisions. Everett has established some good rivalries with the teams in the division after jsut two years. It would be ashame to see that broken up already.

Unhappy

So, the rumours have finally come true.

It is a shame for all the fans and businesses that have grown up and around the Ams.

C.F Guest

Although I'm happy the dub has found it's way to Chilliwack, I feel terrible for the loyal Am's fans.

Hopefully the divisions are re-done to avoid having a 4 team division.

Sad to hear. Bob Tory is on Fan960 radio in Calgary right now, I will post anything interesting he says.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    Although I'm happy the dub has found it's way to Chilliwack, I feel terrible for the loyal Am's fans.

Hopefully the divisions are re-done to avoid having a 4 team division.
    My guess would be that the US Division would become the Southern Division and the Chilliwack team would then remain in the Division. Or, for the sake of a Vancouver - Chilliwack rivalry, the new Chilliwack team could be added to the BC Division and Kootenay could be added to a 'Southern Division' due to it's proximity to Spokane.

But this is indeed a very sad day for the Ams fans. I feel for them.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rooselk
    My guess would be that the US Division would become the Southern Division and the Chilliwack team would then remain in the Division. Or, for the sake of a Vancouver - Chilliwack rivalry, the new Chilliwack team could be added to the BC Division and Kootenay could be added to a 'Southern Division' due to it's proximity to Spokane.

But this is indeed a very sad day for the Ams fans. I feel for them.
    If it were my choice, I'd do this.

divisions a-

Vancouver
    Chilliwack
    Portland
    Seattle
    Everett

division b-

Kamloops
    Kootenay
    Kelowna
    Prince George
    Spokane

Less travel, too.

He speculated that they turned down the Edmonton offer because the Amerks owner still wants to own the team, while the Oilers wanted outright ownership.

Other than that, nothing said of note.