Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips Take Out Chiefs, Lights out for Beach

The way I see it, if there are going to be suspensions, it has to be equal for both sides. With Beach's rep and his jab at Bruton, there si no way Bruton should be the only one punished.

And as for Beach faking it...I didn't even think about that that much, but whenever someone gets knocked out, they just straight up drop like a bag of pucks. When Beach got punched, his head swung back, then he gracefully falls to the ice. But I'm not gonna say he didn't get knocked out, cause that was one hell of a punch!!!

Wow! I can be the first to say along with any other Tri fan that a lot of people don't like beach! I can also say that last year Bruton was suspended 3 games on a cfb major on Jarret toll that broke his jaw and again this year for a cfb major on Shaun Vey that gave him a concousion! Now we all know that Beach plays a little dirty and so does Bruton! That was just a soft push to the face that Beach gave Bruton and I think that Bruton totally sucker punched him and should yet again be suspended! This is not the league for a player like Bruton! Boy I can't believe I am defending beach. Anyways I hope that the Dub does something about this! On the other hand maybe Beach won't run his mouth so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    That was just a soft push to the face that Beach gave Bruton and I think that Bruton totally sucker punched him and should yet again be suspended!
    A sucker punch is when someone hit someone when they aren't looking or expecting it.

Here, we see Beach give Bruton a jab (meaning he is trying to start something), with what appears to be a large grin on his face, then while he is looking straight at Bruton, he gets dropped.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 01-17-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Beach just finally paid the price for the way he always treats other players -- Bruton pulls him off of Wahl casually as if to say come-on the game's over don't start this crap. (Beach had Wahl in a head-lock at the time)

.. Beach looks at Bruton gives him a push in the face as if to say screw you, you won't do anything and then Bruton lays him out. And then I smile.

Frankly someone should have done this to Beach a lot sooner than this -- maybe next time he'll shut his mouth and give the other players a bit of respect instead of the deliberate baiting he's always does.

As far as I am concerned I think every time he tries this act the other player should just lay him out if that's the only way he'll learn.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Beach got what was comming to him but Bruton should still be suspended for that kind of a punch with the glove on!

I bet there are quite a few players willing to take a game or two to do what Bruton did.

The thing is that had it happened to any other player I might agree with you, but the league has to take into account the kind of thing Beach does virtually every game. Its a shame because he's a very talented player, but that said its time for the pests of this league (and other leagues) to get their comeuppance.

Had Beach not had Wahl in headlock, and had Beach just skated away instead of pushing back in a clearly disdainful manner he would never have got cold-cocked. Its time players like this do get pushed back when they push, otherwise they will never learn and the league will continue to turn a blind eye.

It would be very easy for the league to suspend Bruton for a few games, it would be harder, yet far more valuable, to suspend Beach for failing to skate away and his antics after the play which lead to him getting smoked.

If the dub is truly serious about stopping player injuries and trying to get players back to place where they respect one another -- a huge step would be to fine and suspend Beach -- the catalyst in all of this -- and not suspend Bruton -- unfortunately the dub will take the easy way out, over-react the other way and we'll all be mad for a time -- but no significant change will come of any of it. And that's the saddest thing of all.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

From what I have seen of Beach so far in his WHL career, I would be surprised if this is the last time that this happens to him.

I understand that Beach gets on every teams players and fans nerves but don't all teams have players like that. to say Beach got what he deserved is ridiculous. I guarantee that if roles were reversed and it was Beach knocking out say Bruton for a little face wash, you guys would be crying for a 10 game suspension. In my opinion Giant fans should be the last team to talk smack about other players, I think the Giants are thugs on ice and have been for a while, but thats just my opinion. Was Beach agitating the situation, Yes but I didn't see any of the Chiefs players skating away after the game was over. Hate Beach all you want, if he was traded to your team right now, he would be a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by saynotodumbfans
    I understand that Beach gets on every teams players and fans nerves but don't all teams have players like that. to say Beach got what he deserved is ridiculous. I guarantee that if roles were reversed and it was Beach knocking out say Bruton for a little face wash, you guys would be crying for a 10 game suspension. In my opinion Giant fans should be the last team to talk smack about other players, I think the Giants are thugs on ice and have been for a while, but thats just my opinion. Was Beach agitating the situation, Yes but I didn't see any of the Chiefs players skating away after the game was over. Hate Beach all you want, if he was traded to your team right now, he would be a fan favorite.
    NO! punk rock

It happened about 10-20 feet away from me.

Here's what I saw:

Play ended, Leland Irving began to celebrate while the team spilled onto the ice. Mitch Wahl was talking to someone (Crowley?), seemed innocent enough, maybe some trash talking going on, and the 'Tips player shoved Wahl, who fell backwards into Beach, who proceeded to ragdoll Mitch Wahl around a little before facewashing him, which is where the video picked up. Oddly enough, the player coming in from behind Beach happened to be Jared Spurgeon, who I thought was just trying to pull him off of Mitch Wahl. Bruton stepped in, and the rest is obvious.

From my vantage point, Kyle Beach was not faking this time. He was out cold. He didn't move for more than a few minutes, and at that point the trainers, on hand doctor, John Becanic and a few others were all around him, so it was hard to tell the extent of his injury. He definately did NOT seem to be faking this one.