Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 104,105,106,134,136

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Oh, my last year must have been 92-93 because I never saw Deyell play. I was a season ticket holder for 4 years while I attended university, ok I'm really aging myself now. I'm different and liked guys that weren't going to go on to be big stars in the NHL but you loved to watch them play, like Jason Christie, Shane Calder, Ryan Fujita and my all time favourite....Shawn Yakimishyn. Do you recall the Bing Bang Boom line or was that before your time? You said it ahhhhhhhhh those were the days.
    O i remember the Bing Bang Boom line that was a thing of beauty one of my other faves was Kevin Kaminsky and even Derek Tibbitts but yes i do remeber that whole era.We were deffinitly a scary team to play thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by maple leaf
    All I can say is WOW

Their is 103 players that have more points than the highest Blade player. That is totally unexceptable. No more excuses. Blade owners, coaches and scouts Get your act together. Been watching the Blades since the Federko days and a season ticket holder for over 15 years.

P.S.
    The joke around my son's novice hockey team is: We get more fan's out than a Blades game. Tired in Saskatoon.
    if you want to talk attendance, how about this to chew on. the blades are only averaging about 750 less fans than regina. when saskatoon had the pats record the blades were averaging about 5100 a game, that's approximately 1000 less than today. i wouldn't get too harsh on blades fans the true believers are coming out, it's the fair weather fans, those who seem to like to come out to memorial cups, flames exhibitions, or vanier cups who couldn't be bothered to support through thick or thin that aren't showing.

saskatoon's average attendance is equal to brandon this season. it's more than double swift currents, almost exactly double p.a.'s, and just a little less than double moose jaw's. and don't tell me about population size, it doesn't wash in a league where everyone has to compete against the vancouvers, edmontons, calgarys.

should the blades attendance be higher? yes, no excuses. winning cures all.