Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rebels-Blazers: Jan 16 2005. Some comments

D.A. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kassian
    Kassian is having trouble finding dancing partners. I highly doubt he lost to Gillies.
    comment #1: By all accounts that I've heard so far from people at the game (I had to check around to make sure I wasn't seeing things myself!), Gillies did indeed win that fight. One person worded it as "handily". I'm sorry you disagree, but hey - you weren't there.

comment #2: Please tell me that Kassian (the poster) is not the moderator of the Rebels board!

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.
    comment #1: By all accounts that I've heard so far from people at the game (I had to check around to make sure I wasn't seeing things myself!), Gillies did indeed win that fight. I'm sorry you disagree, but hey - you weren't there.

comment #2: Please tell me that Kassian (the poster) is not the moderator of the Rebels board!
    Interesting. I'll take their word for it since I wasn't there. I just find that extremely hard to believe. They probably feel as though he won because he got the takedown or something, LOL. Either way, it isn't that big of a deal. I was just curious.

And no, I'm not the moderator of this forum. No need for the cheap shot there. Pretty un-necessary....

D.A. Guest

Sorry about that - I took the time to read some of your other posts on other boards and have come to the conclusion that you're OK.

And not that it matters now, but no - Gillies didn't win it on the takedown - he won it for real. I think most of the Rebels fans were as surprised as anyone, especially since I think it was Gillies' first fight in the dub.

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.
    Sorry about that - I took the time to read some of your other posts on other boards and have come to the conclusion that you're OK.

And not that it matters now, but no - Gillies didn't win it on the takedown - he won it for real. I think most of the Rebels fans were as surprised as anyone, especially since I think it was Gillies' first fight in the dub.
    Good. I'm glad I passed the test.

Well that surprises me as well. Anyway, thank you everyone for the info. Now I'll leave you guys alone until the 2nd of February, and the 16th of February when Red Deer hooks up with Vancouver.

How did he "lose" to Gillies? Please explain. I find that extremely hard to believe since he is considered the best fighter in the league by many people.
    Gillies and Kassian latched onto each other and gillies got in 1 solid punch out of a flurry of about 4. After that, They both kind of danced for a while and that was it. Like I said, not much of a fight, but I'm pretty sure Kassian didnt even get a chance to throw a punch, so Decision Gillies.

From what you said originally about his scrap with Henituk it seemed like a pretty one-sided affair (as it should be, non-fighter vs a fighter). So I don't understand what you are saying now. Maybe he should've crushed both of them. But sometimes it doesn't work out that way.
    I agree it doesnt always work out that way, all I'm trying to say is that if he is on the team as an enforcer (which he obviously is, having a career 4 points in 81 games) Your job is to go out and change the momentum, and allow your team to get back into the game. On 2 attempts, Kassian Failed. He didnt do anything against a rookie that any enforcer should have pounded on, and he obviously had the upper hand in the Henituk fight, but combined results of not doing any damage to Henituk and getting the instigator penalty erased any emotional advantage it would have gained his team. Perhaps if he would have left Henituk in the same state as you said he left Maxwell, it would have given his team a lift, but such was not the case.

Perhaps I saw him on a bad night, but from what i have seen, I would much rather have a Trojovsky or a Tristan Grant on my team as a fighter.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Now I'll leave you guys alone until the 2nd of February, and the 16th of February when Red Deer hooks up with Vancouver.
    We are taking a bus and following the Rebels on that road swing into the states and vancouver. Would love to meet you and hook up for a beer or something before the game. We are staying at the Atrium accross the road from the rink. Maybe we can get in touch a little closer to the trip and make plans....??
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Kassian Guest

Thanks for the recaps.

I already said I won't bother you guys anymore until Red Deer plays Vancouver. But I'll just respond to a few of the things you said.

At the time of the Kassian and Henituik fight, the game was already pretty much over with the score being 5-0 for Red Deer. So I doubt Kassian was scrapping for a momentum shift. He was probably doing it out of frustration. The game was a lost cause. Sometimes fighting like that helps a team get ready for the next game.

Remember, I'm a Vancouver fan so I've had both Kassian and Grant as enforcers. Grant is great, but as of right now I'd take Kassian over him. He'll start impressing more people as time goes on. He already turned into a huge fan favorite in Vancouver. He absolutely pummeled just about every guy he fought this season while with the Giants. So time will only tell.

Anyway, sure I'll definitely be at the game.

Default Gillies fed Kassian his lunch..

...and Gillies isn't considered a fighter, never mind a heavyweight!
    Drop the Puck

Rebel66 Guest

Wow the first two page thread thanks mainly to Mr. Kassian (the player not necessarily the poster!)

I didn't think that the Gillies-Kassian fight was much of anything really. Gillies got the only real shots in though, got turned around, and the linesmen jumped in. No doubt if there has to be a winner that it was Gillies.

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyshoes
    We are taking a bus and following the Rebels on that road swing into the states and vancouver.
    I wish I could go on this trip. It sounds like its going to a blast. It doesn't help matters that a number of fans that sit behind me are going and have a countdown going on! Bah, that's what having kids does to you! In 18 years or so I should be able to go

Well done to Shiny (and rdreb?) for organizing this trip...