Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6 wins in a row

Iconwhl 6 wins in a row

Well i have been kinda shocked that no one has made a new post with the current streak we area on so i guess ill start one up.....

Our trades are making a early splash right off the hop, worried about team chemistry after bringing in 6 new players, 5 of those guys veterns (with 1 18yr old rookie) the team is really gelling together early. The line of Cerveny, Watt and Doucet have really opened the ice for Eberle (5 goals 4 assists in 6 games) Kraus (4 goals 8 assists in 6 games) and MacAngus (2 goals 7 assists in 6 games) for a combined total of 11 goals 19 assists in 6 games) JD Watt is starting to put the puck in the net also which will only help our 1st line more.

Our 3rd line Hill DePape and Elder have been very effective as well, 2 big wingers with a speedy center. Our 4th line looks very good as well Kennedy has been a perfect fit with Strueby and Mitchell, more effective then Elder I think.

Our backend has been very impressive in these past 6 games with really our only blemish in Kootney giving up 5 goals (4 in the 1st after a long bus ride) with the right mix now offensive and defensive Dmen. Pyett and Bartley should keep putting up good numbers on the backend. With Bender and Delahey being very effective shutdown guys. Guys like Teubert and Jackson are great skaters both bring abit of both sides to the table and are used in every situation.

We cant say enough of Rowat and Bosch this season each very effective in thier starts. But yet each bring different things to the table when between the pipes. Rowat better with his rebound control and positioning, where Bosch handles the puck more effectively and is more athletic with his speed in the crease.

To be perfectly honest, I am surprised the Pats have been playing so good. The team shook up so much during the trade deadline, I am surprised their chemistry has been good, and will more than likely get better. I still think it will be between Brandon and Regina for the division title, and if these two teams hooked up in the post-season could you imagine the type of series that would be.

All-Time Favorite.

All I can say is that I am excessively excited for every coming game, and especially the playoffs!

Team chemistry has definitely been great with the new players. Sounds like everyone welcomed them great and everyone knows that everyone that is there are there to win.

I think a possible reason for everyone playing there game well may be due in part to the new MVP dealy they have in the dressing room after each game. Same deal as the Flames, but its an army helmet, and the hardest working player gets it at the end of the game. I'm sure that's some incentive to work hard each game.

Can't wait to see Bartley play here on Sunday too.

Default Yeah its awesome!

Those 3 road wins were HUGE and 3 more this weekend. Team has gelled really quickly and can't wait to get back to the rink on Sunday! I still think Eberle is going to be taken off the PK to give him more a break as he might get run down a bit by the end of the year. Almost all the Pats players should be able to PK good.

I can also say that games have been more exciting to go to. Especially when finding out that we beat the top 3 teams in the central division ON THE ROAD. Some people forget our past troubles on the road, but when you remember how we used to struggle on the road, these wins are HUGE for us.

Playing at home is still our strength, and if we have more fans that will come to the games to cheer us on, it will only help. Im pretty sure that we are still a "riders 1st" town, but I think the odds are high that we will have a few new bandwagon fans supporting us at the very least now.

As for the teams coming out of the east....unfortunately, I think MJ might be too tough for brandon at the end. They got the skill that Brandon has, but they are alot bigger and tougher, which, I think will become very important down the stretch.

Bran Guest

Team chemistry can be a problem when you throw that many new guys into the mix at once; however, these players are all here for the same reason. The Pats didn't just go out and get a bunch of talented hockey players. They got talented and character guys. In a some ways it works better this way. Everyone is in the same boat, so the team can learn together as opposed to one or two new guys trying to fit into a dynamic that is already there.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    I still think it will be between Brandon and Regina for the division title.

I really dont think it will come down to the Pats and Wheat Kings to be honest. Brandon isnt that solid between the pipes very inexperienced. Moose Jaw has the edge in the goaltending situation in our division with Perricone having played in very big games with the run at the league title. Brandon is a all offense team build with speed, but like we did against them we stayed on them with the body and wore them down as the game went on. Dagley I do think Brandon has a great team i just dont think its going to come down to Regina and Brandon though.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    I still think it will be between Brandon and Regina for the division title, and if these two teams hooked up in the post-season could you imagine the type of series that would be.

Not to offend anyone from Brandon here, but to belive you are gong to have 2 teams out of the east in the final is awfully optomistic. I realize you Brandonites are hard core, but your tunnel vision is blinding you from the strong central division. What is Brandon;s record against them currently? I don't think they have beaten Lethbridge this year (maybe the first meeting, i cant remember for sure). Our last game against Regina was one of the best I have seen this year, unfortunately we were missing our bes forward and one of our gtop d-men. Play off style hockey, and the refs let them play all night. I do however see Brandon likely beating us tomorrow, with Boychuk, Sbisa, and Craig out of the line up. But Regina is looking good right now, hopefully for their sake, they are not peaking too early.

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    Not to offend anyone from Brandon here, but to belive you are gong to have 2 teams out of the east in the final is awfully optomistic. I realize you Brandonites are hard core, but your tunnel vision is blinding you from the strong central division. What is Brandon;s record against them currently? I don't think they have beaten Lethbridge this year (maybe the first meeting, i cant remember for sure). Our last game against Regina was one of the best I have seen this year, unfortunately we were missing our bes forward and one of our gtop d-men. Play off style hockey, and the refs let them play all night. I do however see Brandon likely beating us tomorrow, with Boychuk, Sbisa, and Craig out of the line up. But Regina is looking good right now, hopefully for their sake, they are not peaking too early.
    No one said that Brandon would be in the final.

All I really have to say is.... So far so good!

I will have more to say tomorrow when I have more time to type.