Thread: 6-0 Evt

Default 6-0 Evt

What happened to the Cougs effort? Curtis let in 4 of 18 shots Cyr had 27 shots on him allowing 2. Evt had 45 shots to the Cougs 18. What's up with that?!
    Last edited by puckmam; 01-24-2008 at 07:43 AM.

OUCH!

Everett looked great and clearly were the better team.
    The Cougs didn' t help themselves at all. That was the worst effort I' ve seen by the "new" group.

Corey Tyrell, Thiessen and Cyr were good. Not sure what happened to everyone else.

Hope to see a little more work ethic tonight. I don' t mind the losses, but at least make the other teams EARN their wins, boys!

I'm not sure why they don't play well at home. I only caught the end of the game but the coach seemed to be scratching his head in the post game show. The radio announcers didn't want to pick anyone as Top Cat. They were going to pick the timekeeper for remembering to start the clock or the mascot.

If you guys were coaching this team, when do you stop poo-pooing them when they lose and start handling them like you would any other team? I hope they didn't get the message, it's ok to lose, after the trade deadline.

It sounds to me like they can't even keep up with the other teams, so maybe they should address conditioning. There's an SJHL team that gives a fitness test their players at the end of the season and then retest them when they return after the summer holidays. If they get worse or don't improve, they don't make/stay on the roster.

From what I did hear, I wasn't disapppointed in Cyr's play at all. He played a whole game in the third period and only let in one goal which sounded like it rebounded off of a Cougar. I wasn't listening for his first one though.

I don't know Puckmam, I'm as flabbergasted as you are.
    For What It's Worth

Default Top Lines

Yes, from the radio, it sounded as it the effort was not there last night but the area that the team is getting killed right now is by the other teams' top lines.

Kamloops' Rohac, Puustinen, and Rodgers combined for 12 pts,
    Kelowna's Benn, Long and Leavold for 14 or 15,
    Seattle's Holloway line for 9 or 10 I think,
    and last night Gendur and Hamill went wild.
    The Cougar's defense and checking line? cant stop the top lines of other teams. Only experience and playing time will allow these kids to play up to that challenge. Patience, patience, patience by the fans and teaching by the coaching staff is the way these young cougs will escape from the wilderness!!!

Default future games

TwoBits if they play with heart I will go but another lackluster effort like this game and forget it. I have tried to remain positive but their giving up on the onslaught makes me question my own sanity!

Default Good time to miss some games

I've been working on the road and missed the last 3 home games (lucky enough to catch the 11-1 thumping)

Ah...They'll be better. Tough times don't last forever. But the rest of this year will be tough.

Going to see some good hockey this weekend. My 7 year old's first out of town tourney. Woo-hoo clrkthj

PS - great Rose colored glassed TwoBits! I had a Basset Hound until last year so I've got a soft spot for those dogs. That picture really did make me laugh out loud

Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by puckmam
    TwoBits if they play with heart I will go but another lackluster effort like this game and forget it. I have tried to remain positive but their giving up on the onslaught makes me question my own sanity!
    I'm trying to remain positive too. I'm up late yet again listening and they just scored to tie it up with 42 seconds in the third. Glad to hear the fans get a little OT action and we get 1 point no matter what. Hope my internet connection doesn't fizzle out.
    For What It's Worth