Thread: Broncos 7 @ Blades 3

Default Broncos 7 @ Blades 3

The Swift Current Broncos came out hard with offense and hitting from start to finish, to down Saskatoon 7-3 for a season-high four-game winning streak.

Offense tonight was beautiful, starting with Geordie Wudrick's two goals and two assists. All our offensive guns chipped in....Levi Nelson, Keegan Dansereau, Dale Weise, Erik Felde, and you name 'em. Some of the guys up front stepped up physically, and others contributed in different ways. Levi Nelson played his role very well tonight, and had an assist with a +1. He was the unsung hero of sorts. Dale Weise scored what was really the clutch goal shorthanded early in the third, and so on. Our forwards were amazing in this one. The main thing was the transition game...what speed showcased by our team to score one after another. As far as offense goes...no complaints. The guys brought it tonight.

Defense was good when it had to be, but struggled at times. The Blades' second goal was a good example of that....a mistake made, and 90 seconds in the opposing zone led to a goal for the Blades. The exception was Bretton Stamler..he was very solid out there and contributed offensively with a goal and two asssits. But I'm sure one or two of our defensemen would like a couple plays back that they made tonight. At the same time...the positives can't be overlooked. When the Blades put more pressure on at times, the guys did a good job to choke it. Also, Guggenberger I thought was pretty solid in his second appearance as a Bronco with 26 saves on the night. The main thing is the "W" tonight...and coming out tomorrow with some solid defense all around.

The Broncos will have to come out hard and with speed tomorrow again if they plan on beating this Blades team a second time....a team that really never goes away. Tonight the Blades were a bit different than usual...at times during the game they really sat back, or so I thought. But recent history shows the Blades don't do that very often...they had a huge comeback in Regina lately, and also took Moose Jaw to overtime this last weekend. So tomorrow is another test for Swift Current...the Broncos have to do the same thing...just NEVER sit back. If that's the case, they are bound to get a good result.

NOTES

-I had the day off because of cold weather, but elected NOT to make the trip to Saskatoon tonight, particularly because tomorrow is a work day, and the wind chill outside today went lower than -48 at times. I'll definitely be there this Saturday to watch that game. I'm looking forward to chatting with Blades' fans...they are the most courteous in the league when it comes to visiting fans. (So I strongly believe.) And the fries at the CUC are amazing!!

-I liked the way Blades' play-by-play man, Les Lazaruk described the hitting of Dale Weise: "Dale Weise hits like a MACK truck or a freight train, and sometimes a combination of both." Great description Les...I totally agree. haha Another good one was: "Now Weise has Colton Gillies lined up in the trolley lines." lol

-tomorrow is "Toonie Wednesday" at the Credit Union i-Plex. Hopefully fans realize how CRAZILY cheap that is to see the best hockey in the world at this level, and pack the rink to well over 2000!!

-WOW...how about the attendance of 2437 in Saskatoon tonight??!! I know it's cold, but come on. With a population of approximately TWO HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND in the Bridge City, you would think they should draw a few more fans.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
    Last edited by Big Ern; 01-29-2008 at 11:30 PM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

2. Default confused

i wonder why tassone wasn't in the lineup tonight? he seemed to be on a roll. As a coach wouldn't you want someone who's on a streak to keep going?

Default Injured...

Quote Originally Posted by RV@BBB
    i wonder why tassone wasn't in the lineup tonight? he seemed to be on a roll. As a coach wouldn't you want someone who's on a streak to keep going?
    Matt Tassone is feeling under the weather with the flu.

Spencer McAvoy is concussed.

Joel Rogers was a healthy scratch.
    Last edited by Big Ern; 01-29-2008 at 10:39 PM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default solid

Pretty good effort tonight. Obviously liked Wudrick. His effort was strong every shift. Felde didnt take any off either. Thought Doyle had an average evining and Wislon needs to make quicker decision in his own zone. Led to a couple give-aways and one goal.

The Blades were almost all bunk. May be hope with Langkow and the 16 year old Gallimore. By far the best 2 Blades tonight.

Default Broncos Hit Season High Winning Streak

Last updated at 9:43 PM on 29/01/08

Broncos reach season high four-game winning streak
    SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
    The Southwest Booster

The Swift Current Broncos reached a season-high four-game winning streak with a 7-3 win over the Saskatoon Blades on Tuesday night.

Red-hot Geordie Wudrick led the offense with two goals and two assists to give him nine points over a six-game point streak.

Michael Wilson, Bretton Stamler, Erik Felde, Keegan Dansereau, and Dale Weise, with his team leading 25th goal while shorthanded, all scored for the Broncos.

Chris Durand, Ondrej Fiala, and Gaelan Patterson replied for the Blades.

Special teams have been crucial to the Broncos winning streak as they held the Blades scoreless in three powerplays, while the Broncos scored twice on three man-advantages.

The Broncos have not allowed a powerplay goal in 19 chances over three straight games.

Rookie goaltender Mark Guggenberger stopped 26 of 29 shots to pick up his second win in a Broncos uniform.

Garret Zemlak allowed three goals on 11 shots before giving way to Braden Holtby who allowed four goals in 20 shots.

The win improves the Broncos record to 27-20-0-5, while the Blades drop to 17-29-3-2.

Friday the Broncos will host the Moose Jaw Warriors for the first time this season. The Broncos have defeated the Warriors three times in Moose Jaw.

Saturday the Broncos will return to Saskatoon for their third meeting with the Blades in five days. The Broncos have earned seven of eight points in four games against the Blades this season.
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern

-WOW...how about the attendance of 2437 in Saskatoon tonight??!! I know it's cold, but come on. With a population of approximately TWO HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND in the Bridge City, you would think they should draw a few more fans.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
    Wow is right. That rink is boring and lacks atmosphere when there is 4000 people in it.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    Wow is right. That rink is boring and lacks atmosphere when there is 4000 people in it.
    Not the fans fault they built it on the ou skirts of town. 11,000 seat arena wich is used for all sprorting events and rocks shows etc. One of the reasons they wanted too build such a large arena is because there was talk we were gonna get the St.Louis Blues