Leavold thriving in Kelowna
BY STEVEN MAH

Last Friday's 4-0 win for the Swift Current Broncos over the visiting Kelowna Rockets marked the return of a former teammate who suited up for 133 games over parts of five seasons in Swift Current.

Overage right-winger Brady Leavold was not pleased with his team's performance in his return to Swift Current.

"I just don't think that we were prepared at all,. We got outworked all night. Our powerplay didn't compete hard enough against their penalty kill, that was the story of the game. If you are not working hard you are not going to win games."

Leavold has posted impressive numbers this season including 22 goals, 30 assists, and a league leading plus 33 rating through 49 games while playing on one of the WHL's top lines with Colin Long and Jamie Benn. Leavold has registered one more point in 49 games with Kelowna then he tallied in 133 games with the Broncos.

"I think that I have to give a lot of credit to my linemates. I don't want to say it is all them because I think that I have had a good year and I am taking pride in my plus minus. It all comes down to hard work and usually we are the hardest working team on the ice but that wasn't the case tonight."

Leavold explained that the trade that sent him to Kelowna has turned out for both sides.

"I think that I needed a change of scenery. I think that Dean always thought that I had it in me and I knew it too. I just couldn't put it all together in a Broncos uniform and that's the way it goes. I think it was the best thing for the Broncos as well as myself to get a fresh start."

Leavold looks back fondly on his time in Swift Current.

"My billets were wonderful people and I still keep in good touch with them. They are like a second family and I love them with all my heart. Obviously the friendships that I have built over the time I was here especially guys like Mike Wilson, Zack Smith, and Travis Yonkman and guys like that. Anytime you are away from home and with the same group of guys everyday you are going to make great friendships and I am very blessed to have had that chance."