Thread: Another Win

Default Another Win

Chalk up another win, what did anyone think of Sonne
    going after Schaber?? I though the elbow Schaber threw wasn't
    that bad,the ref never had his arm up to call a penalty then
    Sonne started throwing lefts at Schaber before he knew what
    was going on..Felt kinda bad for the kid, he's playing aggresive
    like he always does and gets attacked by a 20yr old who was running
    around all game looking to cause trouble..

The back referee was calling a penalty on Schaber's hit, it was most definitely an elbow. I think calling it a major was reactionary on the part of the officials, but meh. I don't really blame Sonne for going after him, and the instigator was clearly deserved. Schaber held his own in that fight though. I think most of the damage was done when he hit the ice.

It is notable to me that Schaber was not ejected for that hit. I half suspect the officials gave him five to keep one team short handed for a bit, preventing things from getting out of hand.

Nichol's acting job that led to both him and the coach taking unsportsmanlike conduct penalties was great though. Seriously kid... the officials aren't going to buy that reaction. He was lucky he didn't get two for diving, but continuing to whine afterward was just pitiful.

On the Edmonton side though, Archibald was fantastic last night. I feel bad for him that he didn't get moved to a team going to the playoffs. He deserves one more shot in the post season.

The Hitmen were the Hitmen. Just rolling along.

Icon32

Good take on the fight by Run The Goalie. I though two minutes was all that Schaber deserved as it was more of the follow through than the hit. I also don't blame Sonne as that is what you should do, protect your teammate. And the fact that Chase is only 16 shouldn't enter in the equation.
    And did you see the dive by Dowd (?) shortly after that. Glad he got 2 for diving and then Rocky Thompson went ballistic on the bench and ot another 2 and the game. I think it was Dowd who acted like Alzner pitchforked him. Was sitting behind Figren & Cepak who were sitting out and they weren't impressed by their teammate for this. I did feel sorry for Archibald who seems to be the only one to show up the last couple of games. vci33 vci33 vci33