Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2

I think we all found out tonight who the chippy team is.......oh...*ahem* 4-3!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOoo

GO ROCKETS GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaps
    I think we all found out tonight who the chippy team is.......oh...*ahem* 4-3!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOoo
    I knew that going into the series. Just take a look at the Total PIMs between the two teams -- it's no contest. Vancouver may rarely win on the score board (what is it now, 5 wins out of more than 30 games lifetime versus the Rockets), but they almost ALWAYS win the cheap shot contest.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 03-27-2005 at 01:13 AM.

C.F Guest

First of all, that was an amazing game. Kelowna must consider themselves very lucky to get out of that game with a win tonight. The Giants had tons of chances, but couldn't pop one in. I give Yeomans a lot of credit, he's the reason the Rockettes won.

Kelowna fans want to talk about bad reffing? After the ref calls a softy on Andrea, how could he not call the hook on Brule? What a moron!

Game 3 will be a great game. The Rockets got lucky tonight, and the Giants will come out hard.

GO GIANTS GO!
    Last edited by C.F; 03-27-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Kassian Guest

GO ROCKETS GO!!!
    You Kelowna fans are a joke.

The Rockets can never do any wrong, eh?

Well whatever, I'm not going to stoop to that level. I will say that the Giants weren't very disciplined (although there were a few weak calls made against them) and the non call when Brule had the puck in front of the Kelowna net was a bunch of B.S. I know you guys will argue that since none of you seem capable of being objective.

Anyway, the Giants blew it. They played great on the PK in the 3rd period, had tons of opportunities to win in OT yet they failed to do so. The Rockets capitalized on their opportunities. End of story.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan
    I knew that going into the series. Just take a look at the Total PIMs between the two teams -- it's no contest. Vancouver may rarely win on the score board (what is it now, 5 wins out of more than 30 games lifetime versus the Rockets), but they almost win the cheap shot contest.
    Almost, but not quite. And the Giants are a 4 year old expansion team, talk about picking on the little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    First of all, that was an amazing game. Kelowna must consider themselves very lucky to get out of that game with a win tonight. The Giants had tons of chances, but couldn't pop one in. I give Yeomans a lot of credit, he's the reason the Rockettes won.
    Actually Yeomans was both hero and goat all in the same night. If he hadn't let in a very soft 3rd goal, that he completely whiffed on, this game would've ended in regulation with a Rocket win. Over the course of the game, Schwartz outplayed him, except in OT. If Schwartz hadn't been so good during the Rocket PP's, this game wouldn't have been close.
    Kelowna fans want to talk about bad reffing? After the ref calls a softy on Andrea, how could he not call the hook on Brule? What a moron!
    Seems he missed the brutal hit from behind that left a Rocket bleeding. Oh well, at least he called about four of the same kind of hits that he didn't miss.
    The Rockets got lucky tonight
    Perhaps in OT, but it should never have gotten there.
    Giants will come out hard.
    As will the Rockets. Bet on it!

C.F Guest

GO ROCKETS GO!!!
    Ladies and gentlmen, THIS is why Kelowna fans got treated like crap in Vancouver.

About the hook on Brule.......Notice how the ref didn't call the football tackle by a giant down in the other end abolut 10 seconds later? If you think a ref is going to call a penalty with 1 minute left and looking at going into OT, you've gotta watch more hockey.....oh...btw C.F.......I'm just giving you guys what you gave me when i was in vancouver...except I can't give you the elbows or the fingers.........

C.F Guest

About the hook on Brule.......Notice how the ref didn't call the football tackle by a giant down in the other end abolut 10 seconds later? If you think a ref is going to call a penalty with 1 minute left and looking at going into OT, you've gotta watch more hockey.....oh...btw C.F.......I'm just giving you guys what you gave me when i was in vancouver...except I can't give you the elbows or the fingers.........
    You guys? I doubt anyone on this forum gave you any elbows and fingers. Maybe a few bandwaggers that couldn't tell you the Giants captain, but that's it. That's not to say you didn't deserve it, but you aiming your frustration at the wrong crowd.

Kassian Guest

You know this goes both ways. I could sit here and argue with you on several calls that should've/could've been called on Kelowna. But I'm not going to.

You just fail to realize that the Rockets are capable of committing penalties too.

I'm not blaming the officiating for the Giants losing. They Giants lost the game because they were undisciplined, and more importantly, they couldn't score in OT. They had the better opportunities but they couldn't finish.